Hi,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to set a ringtone for a whole group. I know that it's possible to do this for a specific person but I haven't found anything for the whole group...

Thanks, g.
    11-01-07 03:23 PM
    You can do this by adding an Exception under your Profiles.

So PROFILES > New Exception > Add Name > (Select from Phonebook) and if you want to add some more names, just do Add Name again until you have entered the group you want to assign to one ringtone.
    11-01-07 04:15 PM
    great info thanks. this was just what I needed, is easier than assigning the ringtone to each person one by one
    10-18-08 11:42 AM
    i tried to do exactly that for my 8900. under new exception i typed in my exception name..then went to from, selected the group "family". after i clicked, the screen went back to the new exceptions page..the exception name was there, but nothing was next to "from".. any solutions?
    07-01-09 04:04 PM
    i tried to do exactly that for my 8900. under new exception i typed in my exception name..then went to from, selected the group "family". after i clicked, the screen went back to the new exceptions page..the exception name was there, but nothing was next to "from".. any solutions?
    You don't select the group name, you have to add individual people.

It's Profiles > Advanced > Menu> New Exception > Menu > Add Name > Select Contact Name. At this point it returns to the screen for the new exception. This is where you start over again from Menu > Add Name > Select Contact Name. You do this over and over again until all the names you want for the exception are added.
    07-01-09 04:46 PM
    If you have assigned categories to all of your contacts, you can show the category of people you want to assign a ring tone to by using the filter option, and just add each person in that category. That is what I did for my "Family" category.
    01-02-10 02:54 PM
    You don't select the group name, you have to add individual people.

It's Profiles > Advanced > Menu> New Exception > Menu > Add Name > Select Contact Name. At this point it returns to the screen for the new exception. This is where you start over again from Menu > Add Name > Select Contact Name. You do this over and over again until all the names you want for the exception are added.

I have a storm and I can not find how to do this based on the instructions.

Can someone help?
    01-24-10 07:11 PM
    Good info. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD