Very new to Blackberry and I have a lot to learn I just bought an 8310 curve.

I need my ringer to be very loud, when I go into profiles and set the ringer to the loud icon it will only vibrate, (shouldn�t this be the loudest setting!)

Why does it do this???

When I set it to the vibrate icon that�s what it does.

In quite mode it will give me a visual incoming call.

When I select the normal icon the phone will ring but not loud enough.

When I select the phone only icon it will ring just like the normal setting.

I have my notifier set as lightspeed, which seems to be the loudest, and my ringer set as classicphone (which I like a lot.)

I have downloaded Audacity but I know nothing about importing or changing anything on the phone.

Any help that you can give me, I would very much appreciate.

I have searched about this but after reading for hours I still need your help.

Thanks!
    04-05-08 01:26 PM
    You can access the user guides on the CD that came with your device. I know this because I just got my Pearl a week ago and am also spending hours trying to get it as I would like it to be. Look in the manual under Notification. You can create your own custom profile under Advanced Options.
    Here are the steps:
    Create a notification profile
    In the profile list, click Advanced.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click New Profile.
    Type a name for the profile.
    Highlight an item.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Edit.
    Set notification options.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Save.
    To set notification options for another item, repeat steps 5 through 10.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Save.
    04-05-08 01:38 PM
    If you look at the settings for the profile, pay attention to what they say. If it is set to ring+vibrate, it will vibrate, and then ring. Also there are in holster and out of holster settings. When I have my phone in my holster, it will vibrate, and then ring.
    04-05-08 01:43 PM
    You need to change the notification from 'none' to tone (or vibrate+tone)
    Go to your notifications, advance, then choose menu, edit by the loud profile. Scroll down to phone and by out of holster you choose tone. You can also change the tune and volume. Most of these profiles are set on mute so you have to adjust them to your liking.

Also, like someone suggested above you can create your own notification profile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 01:48 PM
    Oops...Sunkast replied faster

04-05-08 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies! It works now !!! Thanks
    04-05-08 02:06 PM
    I've tried my best, but it seems to be impossible to set my normal profile to vibrate WHILE its ringing.

Help?

04-05-08 02:10 PM
    That's because it is impossible. there is no vibrate AND ring at the same time setting.
    04-05-08 02:27 PM
    I bought this phone because my wife has an 8300, and I liked hers because of the loud speaker and decent reception.

When I found this forum that sealed the deal! This site is a great resource, thanks again.
    04-05-08 02:31 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Glad you got your problem sorted.
    04-05-08 02:39 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Glad you got your problem sorted.
    Thanks for the hospitality Hazysky; it�s actually nice to be able to ask a question on a forum without having ten people telling you to use the search function.
    04-05-08 03:36 PM
    Oops...Sunkast replied faster

SunKast is always there at the head of the pack, and he knows his stuff. Thanks SUNKAST we can depend on you.
    04-05-08 03:40 PM
    All hail Sunkast! Lol (shaking head)

04-05-08 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD