Hi,

I have a Curve 8330 from Telus that's doing something both new and exciting; the keyboard on the right side, starting with the enter/scrollwheel click button, have started acting like their left side counterparts. The left side of the keyboard works perfectly fine, but the right side is not.

The problematic keys are the scroll/enter button, which now responds as "Q/#" and on occasion "Q/# and 8/*" which looks like this: #* when the button is pushed. My backspace/delete button, B, M and N keys are all effected by similar problems with corresponding keys from the left side.

It happens off and on, as it's been going on all day but now that I've tried to double check what backspace, B, M and N usually show up as, it's started working perfectly.

Does anyone know what might be causing this before I just take it into Telus? I've tried switching out the trackball, following the line of thinking that since the enter button is the one that usually changes first, that might be the root of the problem. This works something, but more often than not it's reverted back to the problem. This has been happening since mid-afternoon yesterday, so about a full day.
    09-14-09 04:22 PM
    Sounds like your BB got exposed to moisture/liquid in the keypad area.
    09-14-09 04:45 PM
    I'm not sure how that would happen, it spends 90% of it's time either in my pocket or on my desk, as far as I'm aware it's never had anything spilled on it and it's definitely never been submerged in water.

It's curious that it would start doing in while in my pocket, it was working one minute and the next it started acting like this.
    09-14-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD