I installed the Trapster App�and I can tell you your battery will die�

If you notice, when you lock your phone, your screen should fade to black after a few seconds (if you have it set that way), BUT, if you keep watching it, the screen will come back on by itself. Then it will fade again and come back on in a fews seconds.
    I thought for a little bit, and after trying to shut off the GPS and such, it still did it.
    I deleted the Trapster App, and the problem disappeared. now my battery stays charged longer.

I loved the app, but not worth draining my battery.
    04-27-09 01:35 PM
    Downloaded it to my Pearl and after doing some research, realized it's useless until I buy a GPS puck since my phone doesn't come with internal GPS.

I tried it out yesterday without knowing Rancho Santa Fe is set on the map by default. Seeing as how I drive through RSF daily my first thought was, "Oh hey, it's probably stuck on there from when I was playing with the app while coming home from work or something." Then I read up on Trapster that RSF is everyone else's starting point. I felt like such a ****.
    10-15-09 09:46 PM
    I have an 8330 w/GPS and I DL'd Trapster yesterday. But when I open the app, it shows me as being in Rancho Santa Fe, CA and my actual location is in the state of Iowa.

At the top of the map it shows "searching for location..." but it never locates me.

Do I need to add/change something for Trapster to recognize my location?

TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, same prob here with my TMO 8320. Downloaded the app three days ago, and I'm STILL in Rancho Santa FE!

10-15-09 10:27 PM
    Yes, same prob here with my TMO 8320. Downloaded the app three days ago, and I'm STILL in Rancho Santa FE!

Yep I also have the same prob I zoomed out and found my location manually but it still says searching for location ill keep trying and look back later if anyone has feed back much thanks to you all.

10-16-09 12:26 PM
    Wow so does this app work with Verizons 8330? Everyone seems to be confused!
    10-16-09 01:22 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD