Whats up everyone, Pretty new to blackberry (11/21) bought a storm...had to give it up as of this afternoon...couldn't stand it anymore. But bought a Verizon 8330!

With only 4 hours with the curve already, i love the keyboard, OS is so much faster, internet is still good (obviously not full HTML but with no wifi most sites were unbearable with evdo on Storm anyway). But overall I'm satisfied with my purchase.

I have realized already Beejive is the way to go, and im currently using it. Any other cool apps or things I can do with this phone that maybe I'm not aware of? I haven't plugged it in the computer yet but I want to make sure i'm on most recent but stable OS.

Well thanks everyone look forward to chattin
    12-21-08 12:20 AM
    12-21-08 12:26 AM
    take a look at the 101 link in my signature it will get you headed in the right direction
    12-21-08 12:27 AM
    Its interesting you did that dewd. I have two co-workers with storms and I can't say I'm in love with it yet. The keyboard seems to not be calibrated right. For the same reason I traded in the Voyager, I don't think touch screens really are necessary in phones I guess.

What made you bring the Storm back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Ponderous; 12-21-08 at 03:31 AM.
    12-21-08 03:28 AM
    great decision! welcome to the curve family!
    way better phone.. at least in my opinion. i had my curve before the storm was released. but i went to verzion and spent a good "couple" of hours on the storm.. i just couldn't get use to it at all..

my curve will not leave my hands until something better comes along.. and so far nothing has... ... on verzion that is..
    12-21-08 03:34 AM
    With only 4 hours with the curve already, i love the keyboard, OS is so much faster, internet is still good (obviously not full HTML but with no wifi most sites were unbearable with evdo on Storm anyway). But overall I'm satisfied with my purchase.

os 4.5 is full html e-mail and opera mini renders web pages equal to desktop view... all this on the curve
    12-21-08 03:39 AM
    Whats up everyone, Pretty new to blackberry (11/21) bought a storm...had to give it up as of this afternoon...couldn't stand it anymore. But bought a Verizon 8330!
    Both the wife and myself did the same yesterday, Storm is nice but needs a lot of work.
    12-21-08 05:29 AM
    Welcome tstright to the curve family! Haha.
    Great device, you won't be disappointed. Miles ahead of the storm... In every aspect.

12-21-08 06:08 AM
    You are not alone in your choice, I know several people who have recently done that exact same thing!
    12-21-08 06:28 AM
    Plug it in. When I exchanged my Storm for the Curve it didn't have the most updated OS. You will mos'def like the Curve more than the Storm.

12-21-08 08:21 AM
    what a wonderful welcome

well how bout I just make a little list haha.

1) slow/laggy in all aspects
    2) fade in/out effect every time you click on an item (sms, messages, browser, etc) was horrible. Nothing was instant, and gave more of a lag effect
    3) browser with no wifi. Even with 80dB signal strength was not worth it. I wound up loading the mobile versions of websites anyway
    4) Landscape/portrait was frustrating, every time I took it out of pocket it would be in landscape, and i'd have to shake it to get it over Even with the newest software leak .83, It was not even close to perfected.
    5) call quality = WORST part, comming from a samsung u740, moto E815, Lgvx8300, I was use to very strong signal with 1-2 bars of service. My 2 storms i had (tried a brand new repalcement as well) would average 100-110dB in my home and most indoor places at all times. With my curve I am avging 90 Inside now and crystal clear quality
    6) qwerty in landscape was very horrible. Buttons are too small, and you cant see which one your clicking. Almost anyone with a storm will admit just use SureType.
    7)Heavy = holding in one hand using suretype was tough. Phone has to weight at lease triple of what the curve weighs, very anoyying in pocket
    8) still no way to Lock phone when in a call. Mute button gets pressed by your cheek..Very annoying.

I can probably come up with more but I have to run to work

either way curve pwns
    12-21-08 09:35 AM
    it's funny you mention the fade in/out effect as something you disliked about it. because when i first used it at a local verzion store that was one of the first things i hated about it..
    and a worker there was kinda going over the software with me and he kept bragging about that effect.. i hated it also, it just made it seem all the more laggy and buggy..
    12-22-08 03:04 AM
    Well come to the Curved World..........

Check out this site:
    JerryD's Mini Version Tracker - PinStack.com Forums
    12-22-08 04:40 AM
    Ditto here....I lasted three days with the Storm before it went on eBay and I got a Curve...the Storm is a total POS and while the Curve is not perfect, it a about a million times better to use.
    12-22-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD