I'm told that a new 8310 Curve is awaiting my arrival home this evening. That's a good thing because for the last four days, ever since some schmutz stole my BB, I've been going through very serious Crackberry withdrawal.

Here's my question: is there anything I need to know before I simply "restore" my old data from the BB Manager onto the new device?

If the new device is delivered with the old operating system, will my "restore" automatically upgrade it to the latest version (the one that I had on my stolen Curve)?

In advance, I'd like to prepare myself for any further aggravation that might await me.

As always, I thank you guys and gals a bunch.

Lisa
    06-17-09 03:31 PM
    you have to reinstall any upgraded os that you had on your last curve, the DM backup file only has ur messages and settings saved. any third party apps also have to be reinstalled, and unless you backed up your pics/videos, they'll be gone too.

i dont mean to be blunt about it, but i had mine stolen not too long ago and i had to go through this crap too.
    06-17-09 03:33 PM
    Use the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager. That will
    make the two phone virtually twins.

No restore function will affect the OS.
    06-17-09 03:33 PM
    Switch Device is not an option in this case, as the original BB was stolen.

Restore will work just fine, but be forewarned, it doesn't restore any third party apps/themes you may have had, unless you specifically did a third party backup. As mentioned, it will not change/affect the OS on the device.
    06-17-09 03:43 PM
    Really no different then restoring after reviving a dead blackberry.
    06-17-09 03:50 PM
    Use the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager. That will
    make the two phone virtually twins.

No restore function will affect the OS.

This is exactly what i did yesterday and it worked like a charm.....
    06-17-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD