I have the 8320 which my IT dep't set up with our BES. Technically they did this as a favor since the company does not support external devices. They will give me an older Verizon BB, but I want to keep control of my number (not transfer it to the company) and not carry two devices so I bought the curve.

On to my question. I have the one missed call icon and want to reset the device to get rid of it. If I back-up and restore - with the BES settings restore as well so I don;t have to risk going back to IT and having it denied? Will that remove the error icon? Or is there a way to find out the BES settings so I can imput them after without going to IT?

Thanks for your help.
    01-06-08 01:46 PM
    Yesterday I upgraded my OS of my BB 8300 and the upgrade did all the things necessary to make this successful. This including handling all the settings and backups.

After upgrading, the ghost "1 missed call" icon disappear. (forever I hope). I was really nervous before I started because these issues are very poor (or not) documented.

It all turn out very well on my BIS Blackberry. It took about 40 minutes.

Daruba.
    01-06-08 02:18 PM
    Anyone reload the OS for a BES - does the Desktop Manager redo the BES settings or is it manual?
    01-06-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD