Hi
    I purchased this curve 8310 on ebay and when tried to register its says PIN active.
    When contacted the seller he just does not respond to my queries regarding the PIN for username and password.

I would like to know if there is anyway that i could reset the PIN myself so that i could start it all over again. Please help.
    08-17-08 01:13 PM
    I would tell him you'll give him a bad rating if he doesn't respond. People hate bad ratings on there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 01:15 PM
    I would tell him you'll give him a bad rating if he doesn't respond. People hate bad ratings on there

hahahaha
    that they do

and a active PIN usually means a stolen berry
    08-17-08 01:16 PM
    There is no way to reset the pin. The seller needs to delete his/her BIS account.
    08-17-08 02:37 PM
    Can't the carrier do that as well?

08-17-08 02:41 PM
    Can't the carrier do that as well?

probably not without the account phone number and social security
    08-17-08 02:47 PM
    Yes the carrier can do it, but should not as they do not have permission from the original pin owner to do so. Carrier does not know whether this phone might be stolen or lost. It is a customer security thing.

I have come across a few times and I cannot ethically delete other BIS account without proper auth from the seller. I have even tried to call the original seller for the new owner.
    08-17-08 02:48 PM
    Hey but i did get to chat with the original owner and he said that he has forgotten the username and password.

Am stuck so Badly with this berry!!!
    08-18-08 09:01 AM
    Not necessarily. Have the previous owner contact their
    carrier. They should be able to look up the account info
    and handle it. Good Luck.
    08-18-08 09:04 AM
    Hey but i did get to chat with the original owner and he said that he has forgotten the username and password.

Am stuck so Badly with this berry!!!
    Then tell him you will do a 3 way call with Customer Service in order to retrieve/reset the username and password for the account. I personally think he is blowing smoke up your @$$. When he balks at the suggestion tell him you are going to file a dispute with eBay, and Paypal. That will lock down his account.

Then tell him you are going to notify eBay that you think the item he sold you may be stolen and that you plan on filing a police report. That should light a fire under him. I hope you get your money back.
    08-18-08 09:41 AM
    Good advice.

Clearly the merchandise did not match the sellers description, it is not usable.

File a dispute with PayPay, if you used the service. If you wired the money, your out of luck, best you can do is leave negative feedback.
    08-18-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD