about a week ago i reset my curve. before, it had blackberry community and good edge networking service. now my service is GSM and i can no longer get internet or community. please tell me what i did and how i can fix it thanks,
    06-08-08 02:19 PM
    Ummm, reset how? Was it a battery pull or something more drastic?

edge means that you can see the protocol but EDGE means that you are logged into it. Which do you have?
    06-08-08 03:16 PM
    options > advanced options > host routing tables > press menu and select register now

If that does not work log onto and resend your service books
    06-08-08 03:17 PM
    i had edge(lower case) before which meant i could use the community. i reset it because my ringtones were screwed up
    06-08-08 04:03 PM
    i couldn't register now because it says that it will send me it once a data plan is available, but my data plan somehow was destroyed when i reset it, i couldnt log onto for the same reason
    Last edited by citizensnips09; 06-08-08 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling mishap
    06-08-08 04:09 PM
    At this point I'm thinking a call to your carrier is warranted
    1-800-331-0500
    06-08-08 04:33 PM
    i couldn't register now because it says that it will send me it once a data plan is available, but my data plan somehow was destroyed when i reset it, i couldnt log onto for the same reason
    Your data plan will not be destroyed by you resetting the device. Only AT&T, T-mobile, Alltel, Sprint, Vodafone, Nextel, Celular South, Verizon, Etc, Etc, Etc, can destroy the data plan... We will not be able to do this by simply resetting the device.

What you should do, is a battery pull, then watch the little arrows and see how it changes, maybe you are stuck on a particular area and it froze.

A battery pull will release it from whatever tower it is locked on and reset it to a closer tower.

Call your carrier and let them destroy your data plan, they enjoy doing things like that.

msblueline
    06-08-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD