1. If you are an ordinary BIS user, perform a security wipe: Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld.
    I am trying to completely wipe at 8520, but after
    Options / Security Options

The menu "General Settings" does not exist
    I have options to selecte
    Advanced Security Options
    Encryption
    Firewall
    Information
    Security Wipe

But security wipe DOES NOT wipe EVERYTHING off the phone. In fact even though I ticked to wipe
    Email, Contact etc
    AND
    User Installed Apps,
    it still kept my email address details and some of the apps.

Can anyone advise exactly what needs to be done on
    8520 Curve?

thanks
    09-26-11 05:36 AM
    hi i have a blackberry 9790 and i had a icon come up on my phone say soft ware up date so i clicked on to do it and it got up to 14% and i dont move and i cant use my phone at all iv tryd to reset my phone throw my laptop but i cant get my phone to connect to my laptop at all iv tryd to take out the battery and that didnt work at all i also cant get anythink up on my phone so i cant get in to my phone setting to reset my phone that way dose anyone no any other way to salt out my phone
    11-25-12 03:05 PM
    i want to flash error 523 on my black berry
    12-23-12 09:56 PM
    some of my default apps were deleted last time i did this, so if i do it again is it just going to delete even more? i did it twice before and it deleted word mole and sodoku and memo pad
    01-18-13 07:59 AM
    Am unable to find the option wipe handheld. . is der any other way to hard reset my phone?
    BJEIF likes this.
    02-24-13 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry often moves menus around in different versions. Wipe will be somewhere in the Security settings.
    02-24-13 09:42 AM
    The methods posted everywhere (Options/Security Options/General Settings/Menu key/Wipe Handheld) DO NOT remove my cell phone number! I've cleared everything EXCEPT my cell number! Please help!
    02-22-17 02:18 PM
    Both suggestions still leave my cell phone number, for instance when I open the Call Log.
    I can't seem to remove my number!
    02-23-17 09:16 AM
    Tried Alt/Rt Shiht/Del - still leaves my phone number! Want to remove my # before donating!
    02-23-17 09:22 AM
    Step 4b. gives "Invalid Password" and does NOT delete my phone # from my 8330 Curve.
    02-23-17 01:11 PM
    Still doesn't delete my phone number from my 8330 Curve!
    02-23-17 02:18 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD