How do you resend your service book? I heard you have to do this to view HTML emails with the new 4.5 upgrade. Can anne tell me step by step how to do this?
    01-15-09 02:33 PM
    01-15-09 02:42 PM
    Go to "Email Settings", and log in. Then go to "Service Books" and click "Send Service Books".
    01-15-09 02:43 PM
    First check your e-mail settings.

Messages>Menu>E-Mail Settings>Enable HTML Email>Verify this option is Yes

To resend a service book go to;

Messages>Menu>E-Mail Settings>Resend Service Books
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-15-09 at 02:47 PM.
    01-15-09 02:45 PM
    i did the .119 install last night. I have HTML working, but I have to go into the menu and select get images for them to come up. I'm prompted yes/no to proceed because my email address may be seen while getting the images. Is there anyway to not have to do these everytime?
    01-20-09 06:33 AM
    No. For security reason, embedded images in emails will not automatically download.
    01-20-09 06:51 AM
    Images inbedded in emails will show up, other than that, each time you do have to "get images" Its a security thing.
    01-20-09 06:52 AM
    No. For security reason, embedded images in emails will not automatically download.
    Oops, I meant to say externally link images will not automatically download.

My bad.
    01-20-09 07:17 AM
    Ok, thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 09:35 AM
    I'm running version .97 and in Messages>Menu>Options>Email Settings I'm given the option (just below "Enable HTML Email") to download images automatically. Naturally I have it set to "off."
    01-21-09 09:54 AM
    One thing that always gripes me is that people don't tend to mention that when you resend the service books, that it erases the entire calendar from your device until you sync again. If you're out of town and you resend your service books, you're screwed.
    01-21-09 10:03 AM
    I tried the "Messages>Menu>E-Mail Settings>Enable HTML Email>Verify this option is Yes", but I do not have the option to enable HTML email. Is that normal? Thanks.
    01-21-09 10:50 AM
    I have the 8330 with Verizon. If the images are attachments. I can see them. If they are imbedded no. When I go to menu there is not a indication for get images. I have tried resending service books and everything. Help
    01-21-09 06:43 PM
    I had a heck of a time with this at first, because resending them wouldn't fix the html issue. I had to actually go in and delete both service books associated with my email accounts, then resend them... After that all has been fine...
    01-21-09 08:19 PM
    One thing that always gripes me is that people don't tend to mention that when you resend the service books, that it erases the entire calendar from your device until you sync again. If you're out of town and you resend your service books, you're screwed.
    That didn't happen with mine. I just resent them about an hour ago and checked just to be sure -- all calendar data are still there.
    01-21-09 08:29 PM
    That didn't happen with mine. I just resent them about an hour ago and checked just to be sure -- all calendar data are still there.
    You might not have an email account tied to your calendar so that you can accept Outlook meeting requests. If you do, and you resend your service books... watch out.
    01-21-09 09:04 PM
    I realized today that I'm having this problem where html's options have vanished. I resent my service books from BIS and "Get Images" is still not present in new emails received since the service book resend!
    01-22-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD