First time poster here. So i was trying to do a soft reset on my phone and completly pressed the wrong buttons and now i cant press the "r" button while im in a message to reply after i read it and want to relpy. Can anyone help me out here?
    08-25-08 06:08 PM
    Do the reset again. Alt-R.Shft-Del. If that doesn't solve your problem, you can do a harder reset by taking out the battery with the phone on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds. Put it back. Among other things, that will force a rebuild of the indexes and reload the operating system into contiguous memory and may fix the problem.

NOTE: When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. Be sure to perform a backup before the battery pull. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem.
    08-25-08 06:28 PM
    Thanks, i tried the battery pull again and that did the trick!
    08-25-08 06:46 PM
    Alt-R.Shft-Del almost never works when the keyboard is messing up, for the obvious reason. That's one of the times you have to do a battery pull. We used to recommend it unreservedly for a plethora of problems, but some of us have gotten a little more cautious about it. Use the soft reset any time you can.
    08-25-08 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD