When replying to an email (via "Reply" from the menu), is there any way to change the email account I'm sending from? I don't see how to do it if it's possible. I've been rewriting a whole new email which is very tedious.

Thanks
    06-06-08 01:00 PM
    You can make that change on the BB site for your carrier. Just modify the "reply to" section and when you reply to an email, it will send that email address as the originating address.
    06-06-08 01:08 PM
    Isn't there anyway to do that on a individual basis? I don't want to do it all of the time.
    06-06-08 01:14 PM
    just curious....why do you do that??
    06-06-08 01:21 PM
    I'm subscribed to certain things under certain addresses but sometimes wish to respond with a different address.
    06-06-08 01:32 PM
    From reading around here, it seems that it will always default to the last address you used to send an email.
    06-06-08 01:40 PM
    Isn't there anyway to do that on a individual basis? I don't want to do it all of the time.
    Yes.

Your BB should have individual envelopes for each acct you have set up.

Composing mail from within the general envelope will use the default email you have specified.

Composing mail from within the SPECIFIC email envelope will use THAT email address as the sending address regardless of what is set up as the default.

Also, the specific email envelope will only have email received at that address.

Last edited by danpass; 06-06-08 at 02:49 PM.
    06-06-08 01:48 PM
    I get what you're saying, I have to change my reply-to address from time to time since I have my emails forwarded to my BlackBerry email address so I can get it to instant push and I want to reply with my regular email addy and not the BlackBerry one. That said, you CAN change your reply-to address within an email. Just download a program called BBReply from here:

BBReply (Blackberry) - Download

Hope that's what you're looking for!

Semper Fidelis,

~Marine39
    06-06-08 02:51 PM
    Hi,

I don't think my question was understood correctly.

Say I receive an email to my GMail account. I want to reply to the email but send the reply using a different email account, say my BB BIS account.

Is there any way to do that? I've been composing a new email and then copy and pasting everything into it and it's a looong process.
    06-13-08 12:54 AM
    That said, you CAN change your reply-to address within an email. Just download a program called BBReply from here:

BBReply (Blackberry) - Download

Hope that's what you're looking for!
    Hi this is very interesting .... i am wondering if this will do what I am looking for ..

I have a main email address (which is picked up by my blackberry email) - this email address has "aliases" for instance the main address may be [email protected] - however I have aliases set up for it called

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Now all of these emails are set to the [email protected] address and that then filters them into folder in outlook, so you would reply to a mail and send it to [email protected] and this would be sent to [email protected] andf outlook would see car and filter it ...

What I do in outlook is reply from [email protected] so that when the recipient gets the mail it says its from [email protected] and not [email protected] (hiding my real address from spammers).

I guess all of this explanation is to ask if this app you are mentioning will allow you to reply from these aliases (which are not real email addresses) so that I can hide my real address when sending emails from the BB to prevent spammers.

Thanks for any info

Cive
    06-13-08 03:02 AM
    I think there is an easier step:

1) Go to the envelope in which you receive the email in and open the email.
    2) Hit MENU, then hit REPLY
    3) At the top you should see "Send Using"

From there you should be able to pick which email address you want to send the reply from.

Hope that helps!!!
    06-13-08 04:03 AM
    ...... there you should be able to pick which email address you want to send the reply from.
    Many thanks - however i do not see this in my send options! I only have one email address registered with my service provider and that is the one that is displayed and it wont let me edit it? I cant register the other ones as they are aliases and not real email addresses so I cant set them up - I guess i just need the option of putting a reply address in manually ?

Thanks again all suggestions greatfully received

Clive
    06-13-08 04:53 AM
    I think there is an easier step:

1) Go to the envelope in which you receive the email in and open the email.
    2) Hit MENU, then hit REPLY
    3) At the top you should see "Send Using"
    That's not an option in a reply, only when composing a new email.
    06-13-08 09:01 AM
    I'm having exactly the same problem, gingerista, for the same reasons. I forward emails from this one account to gmail, and I do not wish to keep messages on that server because it fills up too quickly. I have both addressses set up in my Bb, hoping that I could change the reply to when messages came in on gmail -- but there is no way to change the "send using" like you said. It is driving me nuts. I can compose just fine using that account, but I can't reply from it on emails that come in from gmail. And if I change my settings and keep emails on the server, I'll end up getting them twice, which isn't what I want either.

Edited to add: I tried the Bb Reply program recommended but that doesn't change the sender.

The only way I can find around the problem is to FORWARD rather than reply. By doing so, you can change the sender, but then I have to copy/paste the original sender's address into the TO area. Faster than copying/pasting the whole email, though! Hope this helps.
    Last edited by wbailey; 06-13-08 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Added information
    06-13-08 08:02 PM
    this is what i do to work around this problem, its an extra step, but it eliminates the need to copy and paste. you will lose the previous information in the email but the subject will remain the same.

open the email. hit reply when that screen opens, scroll down to the original message and highlight the senders name then hit menu, click email [email protected], when your new email opens you will notice the subject has remain in tact (so you wont confuse the original sender) and at the very top were it says "send using" you can click it and your other email accounts are now an option to use. the only bad part is that you loose the informaiton from the first email which sucks if you get tons of email and you reffer to the original messages like i do to know what the **** you guys are talking about.

i hate aol and iphone users they alway delete the original message when they reply to emails. very annoying.
    06-13-08 08:56 PM
    this is what i do to work around this problem, its an extra step, but it eliminates the need to copy and paste. you will lose the previous information in the email but the subject will remain the same.
    That's what I've been doing, but then I still end up copying and pasting the message that I'm replying to. Often times I like to highlight or reference what I'm responding to directly, especially if its for business.

Any idea if this is something that's been changed in 4.5?
    06-14-08 08:33 AM
    Has anyone been able to resolve this or have a solution to the original post?

To review - what is needed is the ability to change the 'sending' account when replying to an email.

If this is completely impossible, does anyone know if a 3rd party app or some sort of hack would provide this function? I'm willing to pay for the code.

desperate
    01-29-09 09:24 AM
    Try forwarding the email instead of replying. You will have the option of selecting a different email address.

Only caveat is that you'll have to re-enter the recipient's email but if you already have them in the address book this should be easy. If not, just copy the sender's address before forwarding back to them.

This keeps the original message intact as well.
    03-04-09 01:12 PM
    Has anyone been able to resolve this or have a solution to the original post?

To review - what is needed is the ability to change the 'sending' account when replying to an email.

If this is completely impossible, does anyone know if a 3rd party app or some sort of hack would provide this function? I'm willing to pay for the code.

desperate

I was able to do this yesterday so that I can respond to work emails from my blackberry email address but have replies go to my work email.
    My network admin set up my work email to send a copy of every email to my BB.
    Then, I logged into my BIS account from my BB and changed the option for "reply to" or "send from" (I can't remember which field- but it's obvious when you log in) to my work email. Now it works so that when I reply, it shows up as sending from my work address.

Is that what you were asking for? I'm a newbie, but I had the same question yesterday when we were setting up my email to forward to my BB.
    03-04-09 01:50 PM
    It bugs me when I try to reply with another email I can't! I have to use the email that it was originally sent with unless I hit "forward". I don't know if there's an app that does this tweak. But what I do is just hit "forward" so I can send it with whatever other address I want to reply with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:03 PM
    i just tried this.... when you open the email and reply back to it you cant change which you send from. you could forward it to your other account and then reply from it or just copy and paste it into a new email using the email address you want....
    03-04-09 02:10 PM
    That's what I've been doing, but then I still end up copying and pasting the message that I'm replying to. Often times I like to highlight or reference what I'm responding to directly, especially if its for business.

Any idea if this is something that's been changed in 4.5?
    Hey neighbor! No, it has not been changed in 4.5 unfortunately. I'm looking for a way to do this too. I sometimes get a personal email in my work email and would like to respond from personal email. I'm going to mess around with this and see if I can find a way to do this. Hmmm...
    03-04-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD