I need a replacement trackball for my 8310 and I'm wondering. Do AT&T stores, Verizon stores, etc., sell replacement parts, or am I stuck getting one shipped?
    05-18-10 05:23 PM
    Verizon and Sprint stores replace trackballs at no charge to their customers. Perhaps they would be willing to sell you one for $20.
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-18-10 at 09:28 PM.
    05-18-10 09:26 PM
    As far as the trackball goes, I had it done in the Sprint store. Had to replace the ball rollers, the whole assembly. I didn't have the service plan on it anymore, but they let me sign up for it again then drop off the phone. It would have been $130, but all I paid was the $8 for the service plan. Not all the Sprint stores do it so call around before you waste gas. You can by the parts onlne for like $15 bucks if you want to do it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:34 PM
    As far as the trackball goes, I had it done in the Sprint store. Had to replace the ball rollers, the whole assembly. I didn't have the service plan on it anymore, but they let me sign up for it again then drop off the phone. It would have been $130, but all I paid was the $8 for the service plan. Not all the Sprint stores do it so call around before you waste gas. You can by the parts onlne for like $15 bucks if you want to do it yourself.

$130????? hahahahahaha. a new trackball and tools cost under $15. what a sham. not to mention, with an 8300 all you gotta do is pop the bezel around the ball off to replace it. its like a 5 minute job.
    05-19-10 04:52 AM
    I have sprint but I normally go to the Verizon store nearest my house to have my ball changed. They have always done it for free. While in there I always check out there clearance accessories usually a better price then sprint.

05-31-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD