Hi guys hoping you can help. Got a replacement 8320 recently. Managed to transfer files and stuff so the new phone looks exactly like the old one.

However I have had a few weird problems with it. Opera Mini is stuck in one place and when I start it up I can't do anything with it (Blackberry Browser seems fine though, but I don't like it as I prefer to get Internet the way it should be); Facebook app works when I start it but won't notify me of anything new or take in any new notifications and I can't access either of my email addresses at all. SMS works, but I don't always get messages it seems.

Now this one I'm not sure it's a problem, but it did not change the PIN back to the old one. Have I lost my old PIN for good.

I'm on Orange in the UK.

TIA for all help.
    05-19-10 09:48 AM
    You cannot have yur old pin.
    Opera... Try reinstalling. I can give you the 4.2 if you want (I find 5.0 annoying and buggy)

For facebook and email.
    Go to the website (something like orange.blackberry.net) and you can change device pin from there.
    Having email on the device should help facebook update.

-DC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 06:04 AM
    Thanks DC, but I called Orange this morning and they helped me get everything sorted. It seems there was a problem their end. All seems fine now. Like you say (and I suspected) I can't change my PIN. I can't live with that though.
    05-20-10 07:59 AM
    Ahh alright then. That works as well.
    I usually go straight to cs.
    Because I get bored easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:17 AM
    The PIN is hardcoded to the DEVICE. IT cannot be changed.
    05-20-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD