Hi everyone,

I replaced my 8330 housing with a faceplate and battery cover I bought on eBay, and I forgot to apply the foam padding that came with it. The faceplate I took off has some foam rubber that attaches around the lens on the underside of the faceplate. My new one came with some foam rubber cut to this shape, but I tossed it without thinking.

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I have a feeling I'm going to be more prone to dust under the screen, which I certainly do not want.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    02-01-09 12:22 AM
    You more than likely will encounter more dust under your screen. You could order another one online, or you could buy a case or skin.
    02-01-09 02:16 AM
    It's more likely going to explode.
    o noes!

I actually was able to find the padding, and I have installed it. Now the problem is that it's too thick and the lens is no longer sitting flush. Ah, the joys of customizing your Blackberry.
    02-01-09 09:38 AM
    Where can you find the foam padding online? I replaced my lens cover and am dealing with dust between the lens cover and lens. I can't find the padding for a 8320 Curve.... please help!
    02-14-09 12:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem you are. Well, some of it, lol. I replaced my housing but did put in the foam gasket thingey and my screen kind of bulges. I tried to take it apart again and put the foam from the OLD housing in but it's good and stuck together. I've just kept my phone in its Otterbox in the hope that that will squish the foam down. Anyone have any other ideas?
    02-14-09 01:48 PM
    My black 8330 housing never came with the foam gasket, and I'm entertaining the idea of gluing in a piece of string-like material around the inside of the lens to act as a dust shield. I just have to find one made out of the right material (probably synthetic, with no dust fibers) and of the right diameter/thickness. It should work, if I can find the right material.
    02-14-09 01:54 PM
    So can anyone tell me where they found the foam padding online?
    02-16-09 08:26 PM
    So can anyone tell me where they found the foam padding online?
    So far no one has located a source of just the foam gasket online.
    02-16-09 08:44 PM
    Sorry, I've been AWOL. I should've put it in my first reply.

Site takes PayPal only, but it's reliable. I've ordered from the outfit several times.

Foam screen gasket
    02-16-09 09:49 PM
    Great! Thanks a bunch!!!
    02-18-09 10:52 PM
    Nice find Nemesis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD