Recently my "W" key stopped working. I just took apart my blackberry. Underneath the keyboard on the direct board are silver circular "things". They depress when you apply pressure and bounce back up. Unfortunately my "W" key circle is rock solid. It does not depress or bounce back up. My question is this, Can I fix it?

If anyone has any experience with this problem, please help!

Thanks!

-Bryan Cole
    06-08-08 02:02 PM
    If it's under warranty get it replaced... otherwise you can buy a new keyboard BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM full keyboard set- Apple, 3G, Nokia, Alcatel, Panasonic, NEC, Motorola, Samsung, Mobiado, BlackBerr and install it yourself, since you don't seem to have any problems taking your BlackBerry apart.

Good luck!
    06-08-08 02:45 PM
    Recently my "W" key stopped working. I just took apart my blackberry. Underneath the keyboard on the direct board are silver circular "things". They depress when you apply pressure and bounce back up. Unfortunately my "W" key circle is rock solid. It does not depress or bounce back up. My question is this, Can I fix it?

If anyone has any experience with this problem, please help!

Thanks!

-Bryan Cole
    What Crackdbanker said... BUT, I would never, never... never... never tell them that you did that (take the Blackberry apart).

Welcome to Crackberry

msblueline
    06-08-08 02:55 PM
    Take it back to the shop and get a new one.

The things you buy on Cellular Accessories - Acer, LG, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Accessories Store, Alcatel, HTC, NEC, Motoro are just the plastic keyboard overlay. They have nothing to do with the problem you are having which is, if I understand correctly, the little plastic bubble on the main board located below the screen after you have removed the plastic overlay.

If this is the case, you have a mian board hardware problem so play dumb and smile at the clerk.
    06-08-08 03:44 PM
    Pete6-

Yes, you are exactly right. The silver "bubble" is not depressing. The plastic keyboard itself is fine.

I bought my phone from a friend in california. And I have since moved to hawaii! So there is no way for me to take it back to the shop...

I know it hasn't been a year yet... It is an AT&T phone and that is my service provider as well.

Do you know any other way to get a warranty replacement?
    06-08-08 05:34 PM

Does anyone know a link for warranty info? I tried searching the forums but no go...

Thanks.
    06-09-08 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD