ok i unlocked all the vendor files last night and i wanted to undo that process because there are wierd icons that appeared and i can not get rid of them i tried restoring it to the file i backup just before i unlocked the vendor files those icons are still on there. PLEASE HELP im at the end of the road
    12-28-08 06:41 PM
    there are wierd icons that appeared ...
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is one file named vendor.xml, is this the file you are talking about?

I suspect the icons are part of your service book configuration. Pick one and open it, if it starts the Browser and connects to a web site, it is part of the value added package your carrier provides. Usualy a way to spend more money with them.
    12-28-08 06:46 PM
    on top of that not only has the vendor code in my app version for 102(ATT) TO 152 which i have no clue what company that is it doesnt seem to be responding at all
    12-28-08 06:49 PM
    no these icons are not apart of what att had origonally had on my phone they are titled customer center online customer manager MyMonternet service hotlineXinJi service guide and an odd shaped and styled settings icon
    12-28-08 06:51 PM
    Some of those are OS related. To remove the extra vendor file information go back and undo what you did. Do you have all the different vendor themes as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 06:53 PM
    yeah all the themes but these icons as well.
    12-28-08 07:04 PM
    and how would i fix it... im so lost i did redownload att 4.5 and it gave me an option to repair the old files will that work?
    12-28-08 07:06 PM
    ok guys thanks for the help and i got it i redownloaded and reinstalled the 4.5 from att on my comp then let app loader do all the work from there. it took away the themes which i really didnt like anyway and got rid of the icons that were god aweful in design and color ( red and white) i guess china can only have oh so many colors. now thats not a stab at the people of china but at the designers of the icons which i will asume were from china since i could not pronounce the words and the things didnt make since on what they did on my BB
    12-28-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD