In all the other forms, it says to pry it out with a fingernail/scrwdriver. Can someone tell me how to pry it out step-by-step? The bottom of the ring is coming up, but I don't know weather to force it or not. I will wait for a response until do it. Thanks.
    04-20-08 02:19 PM
    what do you mean the bottom of the ring, you are supposed to take the whole silver thing around the trackball off, not just the trackball out of the middle. start at the top and pry i believe in a clockwise motion.
    04-20-08 02:21 PM
    The silver bezel is held in by three clips. One is at the point closet to the keyboard and the orthe two are horizontal across the phone. I used two instrumnt flat blade screwdrivers together to gently prise the bezel away from the phone.
    04-20-08 02:27 PM
    oh, I mean the bottom of the chrome ring, can't seem to get at it at any other angle
    04-20-08 02:28 PM
    It's actually plastic and if you prise the ring upwards simultaneously from both sides, it will start to pop out. Once I had released the two side clips, I move the instrument screwdiver round and prised the ring by using the keyboard as a lever. The ring will spring out and the clips are quite flexible at room temperature.

If you really f... it up then a new one can be obtained from www.cnn.cn.

It does come off, many have done this and lived.
    04-20-08 04:09 PM
    I never used any tools to take mine out. All I did was use my thumb nail starting at the bottom and lift up. then go to any other side and lift.
    04-20-08 04:12 PM
    I have seen a video regarding this on youtube before. Try a search there.
    04-20-08 04:13 PM
    I used a screwdriver and it left tiny marks on the left and right buttons next to tracball that I can notice when backlit is on.
    04-20-08 04:14 PM
    Same thing happend to me with the screwdriver. I will try my finger nail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 04:46 PM
    whatever you do, just be careful
    04-21-08 09:57 PM
    I said screw everyone and I used a knife... And then I realized that I had a tiny screwdriver. But I managed to pry it out just fine with no damage. I wasn't bold enough to clean my ball I didn't want to disassemble the trackball housing. I'll leave that for another day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 10:36 PM
    I just took mine out off of my Curve without any problem. Turn off your phone, I also took out the battery for safety. I used a push pin, and put the head of the pin (pointy end) next to the return key and the blackberry key (either side of the trackball) and pried up gentlely on each side till the ring popped off. Then I took out the trackball assembly, used an alcohol pad and wiped the trackball clean. I allowed about 5 minutes or so to dry and then put the trackball back in and the ring back on. It worked just fine. No marks, a clean trackball, and were up and running!
    05-02-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD