I am on a mission to free up as much space as I can on my bb tonight. Within MaxMem, as i'm sure many of you know, their is a feature to "Remove T-Mo Fives" . In doing this, does it just simply remove the fav 5 menu "orb" deal, or will its affects go deeper than this?

Thanks!
    03-10-09 10:33 PM
    It may only remove the MyFaves icon pictures like CrackMem. I don't know if it removes net_rim_tmo_five with I think is the MyFaves module. To check, go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications, menu > Modules and search for the MyFaves module.
    03-11-09 06:58 AM
    When I had it, I removed via the PC, then opening up DM, it removes everything, well the way I did it, its still controlled by billing.
    03-11-09 07:22 AM
    When I had it, I removed via the PC, then opening up DM, it removes everything, well the way I did it, its still controlled by billing.
    So you moved the module from the folder on the PC to a "removed" folder and then when you started DM, DM didn't see it on the PC and wanted to remove it from the BB. Not sure what you mean by controlled by billing other than the icon didn't show up on my BB until I added MyFaves to my account.
    03-11-09 07:40 AM
    Yeh I removed it from the folder, c: rim etc.. Im not sure the entire steps I took, but once removed, I then started up DM and went thru that as if I was loading something, (hitting next) and then it would tell me I was removing blah blah.

Myfavs, controlled by billing if you have it, not whats on the BB, you can adjust or manage the myfavs thru the PC on tmobiles website etc, just wont have all that extra junk on the berry.

lemme see if I can find my post from months ago when I deleted it.. to show the steps.
    03-11-09 07:47 AM
    03-11-09 07:48 AM
    Yeh I removed it from the folder, c: rim etc.. Im not sure the entire steps I took, but once removed, I then started up DM and went thru that as if I was loading something, (hitting next) and then it would tell me I was removing blah blah.

Myfavs, controlled by billing if you have it, not whats on the BB, you can adjust or manage the myfavs thru the PC on tmobiles website etc, just wont have all that extra junk on the berry.

lemme see if I can find my post from months ago when I deleted it.. to show the steps.
    Right. That's what I would do if I were removing them. I use the MyFaves app, but once I get pictures for everyone I'm going to get rid of the icons. Won't get rid of the app until I run out of memory.
    03-11-09 07:54 AM
    I just found it pointless to have when I had tmobiles' 8320.. I use pictures for my contacts anyways, didnt feel the need to ever use that, I always hid the icons lol
    03-11-09 07:58 AM
    They could simplify the app to just click the icon to dial the number (you have to hit the phone button). If you click brings up a menu of pointless information and options.

Oh well, no good idea ever ends up as anything other than bloatware.
    03-11-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD