Are the BB's hot swappable via USB? I use XP on PC. Do I need to remove the BB via "safely remove hardware" or can I unplug it instantly? I know what Windows will say about this--that yes, I must "safely remove hardware", but what are your experiences?

Thx
    09-15-08 06:39 PM
    I've never used the safely remove hardware function with my BlackBerry. I use XP, and I just unplug it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 06:43 PM
    I always just unplug it. Never had an issue doing so.
    09-15-08 06:43 PM
    I always use the "safely remove hardware" option when using Windows just to be on the safe side.
    09-15-08 06:53 PM
    Thanks. I baby the heck out of my machine, but I find myself always unplugging the BB without doing so "properly". Figure if I have my USB drivers still on machine then I am OK.
    09-15-08 06:54 PM
    I sync almost every day (unless I am traveling) and I noted no problem with disconnecting without checking with Mr. Gates.
    09-15-08 09:10 PM
    Even when I'm tethering I just yank it out, I've never safely removed my berry...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 09:18 PM
    Likewise, I just remove the BB.
    09-15-08 11:00 PM
    it wont damage it because the is still power going to the berry as well as the memory card, so it wont harm it. But if it was camera memory card or a USB flash drive then it would be another story.
    09-16-08 01:04 AM
    just pull it. all that does is kill power and end any associated applications that may still be running before you unplug. it wont harm the device. it also wont corrupt any data unless you do it in the middle of an update or file transfer, obviously.
    09-16-08 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD