Seems I have a lot of bloatware I.e. Shop tones, Shop games...etc from ATT that I would like to get off of here to save space. How do I take these apps off as desktop manager nor the app list in my bb will show that they are on here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 07:45 AM
    They're only shortcuts and are controlled by service books. The only way to get rid of them is to delete the associated service books, but the next time you restart your BB they'll be resent.

Your best option is to hide the icons. Like I said, they're only shortcuts, and take up minimal space.
    02-13-09 07:49 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I had the same problem, especially with OS 4.5 there was tons of stuff! So what I did is made a folder and moved all the icons into it and then I hid it. Now it doesn't overpower my home screen and when they push the stuff to me it ends up in the hidden folder. Its great and worked very well for me. You may want to try it.

Its a great way to get rid of all the bloatware.

I hope that helps!

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 09:05 AM
    i got rid of the facebook and pocket express as well as other service books and they never came back regardless of resets and whatever... maybe if i resent my service books they would... but i don't wanna find out
    02-13-09 09:14 AM
    Anytime your carrier decides to push something or your service books need resent it will all come back. Most have found it less irksome to just hide things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:24 AM
    i got rid of the facebook and pocket express as well as other service books and they never came back regardless of resets and whatever... maybe if i resent my service books they would... but i don't wanna find out
    The AT&T Bloatware (Theme store, ringtone store, wallpaper store, and more) DO come back when the service books are pushed because they are part of the AT&T Network, that's why its best to hide them. Otherwise they will just keep coming back. They are different than facebook and pocket express.

Just to clarify,

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD