Hi,

I added a couple of songs to my device (2 GB micro SD card) to try it out, and everything worked fine. I later deleted the files, which are now gone, but the album titles still show up under "Albums", the artists still show up under "Artists" and the genres still show up under "Genres" in the Music section of the Media Player. When you select any of these, you get a * No Songs * message.

I've tried everything, including re-formatting the SD card and can't get artist names, album names etc. to "go away". I don't want these headings to still show up when there are no songs in the category.

Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!
    09-05-08 10:34 PM
    I've had that happen a few times. I've been fortunate that a battery pull was all that was needed to correct my issue. Beyond that, I do not know. Perhaps another will. Good luck!
    09-06-08 12:22 AM
    This may be thinking "outside of the box", but if you load a song onto the SD card, can you assign that file to play as a ringer?
    09-06-08 12:36 AM
    This may be thinking "outside of the box", but if you load a song onto the SD card, can you assign that file to play as a ringer?
    Not with Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 12:42 AM
    you can with mp3's on Sprint
    09-06-08 05:04 AM
    It's best if the current ringtone is in Device Memory. Why? If you leave it on the Media Card and then connect the phone to the PC in MAs Storage Mode, the theme cannot find the ringtone and it will immediately revert to the theme default and you will not hear your favorite rintone. This will make you blame your phone.

Also try to keep ringtones as small as possibe since several 1Mb tunes will quickly chew up memory AND, they may take longer to load and start playing/ringing.

I use no more than 96Kbps for ringtones and usually not more than 20-30 secs of the song as a ringtone.
    09-06-08 05:34 AM
    I've had that happen a few times. I've been fortunate that a battery pull was all that was needed to correct my issue. Beyond that, I do not know. Perhaps another will. Good luck!
    Thanks! That actually did the trick.
    09-06-08 09:59 PM
    I'm glad it worked out for you. I get twitchy when my stuff is mislabelled.
    09-07-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD