How can i get rid of this to view on my computer...i disabled file encryption...but it wont remove the .REM extension!

Am i missing something? do i HAVE to go thru the computer and "media manager" and drag and drop the files back onto my media card???

Please say it ain't so...LoL!
    10-08-08 05:46 PM
    Email it to yourself and save it again and it will save as a regular format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 05:48 PM
    ok...there's one option! dont really feel like going thru ALL of that...that will take forever...

any simpler way...more or less of an "on" "off" switch??? Turn encryption on...turn encryption off!???
    10-08-08 06:01 PM
    No once the file is saved on the device/memory card in encryption, there is no way to reverse it. Only way is to do what I said above and resave it will encryption mode off. Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 06:09 PM
    I tried to email but it can't find the file when I attempt to do so. And when I access the file directly no option to send as the other pics can. Funny cuz I took the pic and attempted to send when I first saved and it tried, but never went out. I got an x on a returned email or email trying to go out. After that the pic was locked somehow. Weird b/cuz encryption is off and never was turned on.
    03-03-09 08:45 PM
    I noticed this as well. I had a .REM file but my encryption was never turned on. I have never experienced a problem with it though. You should have no worries.
    03-03-09 08:46 PM
    I followed the procedure given by tae_254. I emailed the file to my yahoo account. However, while saving from the email it still saves as .jpg.rem. So still can't view the photos
    11-26-09 05:37 AM
    you can turn the encryption off then save it under a difirent name it will remove the .rem and allow you to open it on your pc. check all of your security settings to make sure you dont have somme hidden encryption turned on some where
    08-16-10 05:33 PM
    Just turn off the encryption and then rename the files.
    after this I asked the automatic menu to copy all the pictures and videos from device to comp. and to my notice came all my photos were visible in jpg format.

Regards
    Santoshkumar
    Jai Hind
    11-17-10 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD