I need help ASAP !
    I'm following the steps to making my Nuked Blackberry come back to life and i've all of a sudden come to a road block.

I am following the steps from: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry (it won't let me post the url)

i've come to step 2: Device Application Setup Wizard. (where the author asks me to pick an OS). In the picture .. it shows a list of options to choose from.
    But the page i come to has no list. It says something about " the bb desktop software does not have bb device software for the device that you have ........"
    I've already downloaded and installed the OS onto my computer. But how to i get it to show on the Device Application Setup Wizard ?

I do have an option to Add .. but where is the file on my computer ?

Sorry for the long post. But i'm really stuck in a rut.
    09-13-08 07:52 PM
    09-13-08 07:53 PM
    Hmm.. I know how you feel, I did this as well, I'm sure someone will be able to help you here, make sure use the data cable provide with your phone as well, I've heard this can make a difference too, well, with the problem that my have killed your phone.

This is how I recovered my BB: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

It deals more with DOS forcing your phone to put the OS on it.

I ended up uninstalling the 4.5 and reinstalling 4.2.2 to finally got it to work... (using the add and remove program feature)
    09-13-08 08:04 PM
    if i don't get a response soon enough i'll try the method you suggest. I'm pretty sure my bb is nuked (nuked after i had it only six days).
    but thanks for responding.
    I am using the cable i got with my phone.
    09-13-08 08:11 PM
    if i don't get a response soon enough i'll try the method you suggest. I'm pretty sure my bb is nuked (nuked after i had it only six days).
    but thanks for responding.
    I am using the cable i got with my phone.

I thought that too, you do have hope, believe me, I had a blackberry paper weight, nothing but a white screen with a black bar, then a white screen with a slash across it the first time I did the forced upgrade, then and hourglass the seconded, then I took the 4.5 off my PC and put my original OS on my PC and it worked like a charm, so if it doesn't work the first time, don't get completely discouraged.

Good luck!

Oh yeah Mindi, I forgot to add that in.
    Last edited by Silverwings2005; 09-13-08 at 08:19 PM.
    09-13-08 08:16 PM
    My pearl did that, did you make sure Delete the vendor.xml file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)
    09-13-08 08:18 PM
    Silverwings2005: Thank you for being so sympathetic and supportive!

Mindi -- Why do i have to delete that file ? I just downloaded and installed the OS for the first time.
    Last edited by karishma200; 09-13-08 at 08:30 PM.
    09-13-08 08:28 PM
    Sure thing, I completely know how you feel, my curve was only about a week old...

I believe the file is for cellular one customers only (?), or something to that affect, it is on all the downloads and they won't work right unless it is deleted.
    09-13-08 08:35 PM
    I have no idea why you have to, that is just what the instrctions say to install a new one. I am new to the BB as well honey, so I am not technological AT ALL lol, here is a link..http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...59/#post513342

Silverwings2005: Thank you for being so sympathetic and supportive!

Mindi -- Why do i have to delete that file ? I just downloaded and installed the OS for the first time.
    09-13-08 08:38 PM
    gotcha. im gonna delete and retry!
    i'll post again in a few minutes.
    09-13-08 08:38 PM
    OH MY GOD !
    it worked ! all i had to do was delete that damn file.
    Thank you very much you both. I really hope this step works.
    It also said im downgrading my OS but whatever, as long as it works.

Ya know, i thought buying a new bb would make my life simpler .. definitely hasn't ! the last 2 weeks have been proof to that. !

thank you again ! the help was very much appreciated.
    09-13-08 08:44 PM
    PS: it is now updating.

*fingers crossed*
    09-13-08 08:45 PM
    YAY for you, glad I could help. I know how it is to have problems and think you totally screwed it all up sweetie.
    09-13-08 08:47 PM
    Yay! Gald it's working! Hope a all comes out fine!
    09-13-08 08:49 PM
    oh dang it
    it didnt happen.
    it now says " unable to complete the loading operation" unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage load operation..

I know you can't help. im just venting. sorry.
    09-13-08 08:51 PM
    That's exactly what mine was giving me... If you do the downgrade, make sure that you take 4.5 off you PC (I'm sure you know that, just want to make sure if not for you but others who see this.)

And you'll have to delete the xml file agian once you get the older OS on your PC.
    09-13-08 08:53 PM
    Let us know how it goes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 09:39 PM
    no change. im beginning to get extremely frustrated.
    the 4.5 isnt on my computer. all i have is the 4.2.2
    but i still keep getting the same errors
    multi-stage load operation AAAAAAAAH! very frustrating.
    09-13-08 11:04 PM
    Are you connecting the 'berry directly to the USB port on your computer and not via a USB hub?

I have seen instances where BlackBerries refuse to (re)load the OS because they're on a hub (like on a monitor, keyboard, etc) instead of directly connected to the system.

Weird I know, but once I connected them directly to the computer's USB port and ran the update, they came back to life.

-Kyle
    09-14-08 12:54 AM
    Are you connecting the 'berry directly to the USB port on your computer and not via a USB hub?

I have seen instances where BlackBerries refuse to (re)load the OS because they're on a hub (like on a monitor, keyboard, etc) instead of directly connected to the system.

Weird I know, but once I connected them directly to the computer's USB port and ran the update, they came back to life.

-Kyle
    yes i am. Im using a laptop, and there are only 2 USB's. I tried both !
    no change
    09-14-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD