I just got a new blackberry. had it for maybe 12 hrs. when i got it i added a couple applications and read up on the new os versions. I plugged it in and went through **** to get the laptop to connect to the blackberry. it did an application loader thing and i accidentally unplugged knocked the usb out. now it's not working. i had an error 513 i think at first and now it's turned into an error 507. i originally still had v4.2 on it and was trying to upgrade to 4.5. now i'm stuck with nothing because all it says is 507 on the front screen and it's driving me insane. it's my first day with the BB and yes i have done research on it. i actually just spent like the last 6 hrs researching... btw its almost 6am.

i'm assuming i have no OS installed and that my whole BB is wiped? even from here, i have no idea what to do.

it's a refurbished titanium BB Curve 8310 from ATT.
    Last edited by simontran1; 12-22-08 at 04:49 AM. Reason: specified title.
    12-22-08 04:48 AM
    The 507 error simply means there is no OS on your phone. Not a big
    deal. Follow these instructions and they should get you up and running

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ighlight=nuked
    12-22-08 05:03 AM
    i followed those rules step by step and it doesn't seem to work at all. i'm still ending up at the same 507 error. please help me.

do you think they'll give me an exchange for this one because i just got it yesterday?

also when i accidentally unplugged/knocked out the usb it gave me a fatal error. i don't even think it was knocked out all the way but a fatal error showed up and i've been having this 507 error since.
    Last edited by simontran1; 12-22-08 at 06:14 AM.
    12-22-08 06:11 AM
    I had the exact same problem when I tried to update to 4.5. I discovered that I unplugged it too early while it was programing the Curve. Try it again. Just remember that it will show the hour glass for a long time while it programs. If it fails again, return it. Let us know the outcome.
    12-22-08 06:48 AM
    consistantly fails. i've been doing the same thing 10 different ways over the course of the last 8 hrs.
    12-22-08 06:51 AM
    it keeps saying that I, the user, stopped the installation of the RIM Composite Device. I havee done no such thing, at times it'll say that the hardware installation is complete and then it'll completely reject the drivers. when i go to install it, the drivers arent even present to be found.

i'm running vista btw.
    12-22-08 06:53 AM
    yeahhhh, so i exchanged it for another refurbished BB today

i'm not gunna try to install the new os again i dont think.... lol
    12-22-08 05:02 PM
    did you google blackberry error 507? cause i had a similar problem last night and google it and the first thing pop'd up... no help now that you've already traded it back in but it took me all of 5 minutes to find the solution to my problem...
    12-22-08 05:09 PM
    I think that the OP's phone had a hardware problem. I do not reccomend that new users try to upgrade the OS for a few weeks until they understand how to recognize problems in the upgrade process when they happen.
    12-22-08 07:03 PM
    I do not reccomend that new users try to upgrade the OS for a few weeks until they understand how to recognize problems in the upgrade process when they happen.
    The most sound advice a new user will ever receive.
    12-22-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD