I'm interested in buying a Curve 8310 and I noticed that you can buy refurb phones through AT&T... does anyone know if it's worth the savings or do you end up with a phone that give you problems all the time?
    06-23-08 04:48 PM
    Refurbs have the same warranty as new phones.
    I had a refurb 8300 once and it restarted on me all the time, but all I had to do was reload the OS and it was fine.

I'm not really sure what to tell you because some people have had bad experiences that I know of, but like I said.. you still have the same warranty so you can always get it replaced.
    06-23-08 04:52 PM
    I've heard good and bad about both, really depends on your budget.
    06-23-08 04:54 PM
    I got my refurb curve from AT&T for free. Works fine no problems at all. I've had it since April.
    06-23-08 04:55 PM
    Its all up to you now. Like everyone said, there have been good and bad.
    I had a good and got a pearl refurb and never had a single problem with it. Good luck.
    06-23-08 05:03 PM
    I have used a refurbished phone before. worked fine for me. At&t has some awesome refurb packages, go check them out.
    06-23-08 05:03 PM
    I've had my refurb for almost two months no problems yet.
    06-24-08 10:53 AM
    I would like to put my $ 0.02 on the whole refurb deal. I am on my 3rd 8300 *first one the trackball locked up, I was going to tear it apart and clean it but I did not want to void my warranty*, replaced under warranty with a refurb 8300, worked great for 3 weeks then started having problems making calls. Call up ATT warranty, and get a second refurb 8300, now the damned thing does not get signal and I have had the phone a week so far, I called up this past Saturday because this phone has been problematic and they are sending me an 8310 *which should be here today*, sucks because last night at 6:30 PM PDT, the phone lost signal and after many battery pulls, reloading the OS and trying everything I can think of, the damned thing does not get service. I even called up ATT tech support last night and they cannot even help, tested my sim in a razor last night and worked perfectly. My experience is the 8300 refurbs that ATT has is just a pos! **** in places especially here at work, the last 2 phones just would loose signal and my phone just keeps stating, No Service! Unacceptable in my opinion! At least I am getting upgraded to the 8310 but I am not sure what I will do if this keeps up! I might have to go to an iPhone if these problems keep persisting which I prefer not to!

Charlie
    Last edited by dmnall; 06-24-08 at 01:10 PM.
    06-24-08 01:06 PM
    Got two refurb 8310s for free from AT&T...one was perfect, the other had a bad trackball...AT&T replaced the bad one for free...the replacement 8310 is fine...no worries...the plastic casing on the Curves is kinda cheap, though...hopefully, the Bold will be more solid...the 8310 is still an awesome phone, though...and even better when it's free!
    06-24-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD