Did anyone else see the red trackball on CNN.CN. It says it is made by BlackBerry, so I assume it is a OEM item. Looks cool.
    02-27-09 04:36 PM
    Yeah, I was actually looking at that about half an hour ago. That looks pretty cool, but for my Titanium (Gun Metal Gray) Curve, a red trackball would look way out of place. I'd rather get the G1 trackball. It's very, very smooth and responsive, also fits in with the black surrounding.
    02-27-09 04:39 PM
    yeah, i like it too. i'm kind of afraid of changing my trackball though...
    02-27-09 04:46 PM
    changing the trackball is an easy process and i know it sounds tough. you can purchase the trackball via cnn.cn or can dye it yourself.

check these out...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...-works-130330/

these are videos made by user azboricua:
    MOV02028.flv video by AZBORICUA - Photobucket

MOV02030.flv video by AZBORICUA - Photobucket

MOV02029.flv video by AZBORICUA - Photobucket
    02-27-09 09:09 PM
    Hi guys, Steve from cnn.cn again

The red trackball is a mix between OEM and non-OEM parts. While the mechanism for the trackball is OEM, the ball is a non-original piece, swapped into the trackball mechanism. That's why the trackball is not listed as "OEM"

Steve Chan
    02-27-09 09:32 PM
    Sweet my bro has a red curve so ill tell him about it...
    02-27-09 09:35 PM
    The red seems a little bright...even for the red curve which I have for sprint. I bought the black G1 trackball and now that I popped it in (easy process by the way) I feel like switching the case color. It looks nice on red curve but I see so much potential with it on another color case like the verizon silver or all blacked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:23 PM
    Yeah, it does look cool.

I was thinking about changing to it with my full black housing case because it would match my Thinkpad.
    02-27-09 11:38 PM
    The red seems a little bright...even for the red curve which I have for sprint. I bought the black G1 trackball and now that I popped it in (easy process by the way) I feel like switching the case color. It looks nice on red curve but I see so much potential with it on another color case like the verizon silver or all blacked out.

It's cool and all with the VZW silver but the black would be much better. That's my next move, black housing. Here's a pic of my silver 8330 with the G1.

02-28-09 01:12 AM
    I just cut out a red piece of transparency and stuck it on the LED under the trackball, it appears dark unlit and when it lights up its red.
    I also just sprayed my 8310 in flatblack. Matches the rubber sides so much, it looks good
    02-28-09 02:31 AM
    i got my green trackball in the mail today. i tried to dye one myself a few weeks ago, but screwed up on the ring. looks amazing now.
    02-28-09 02:16 PM
    I'm gonna get the red for my silver/ black 8330. The original track ball is dirty and needs cleaned but figure I'll get the red then I always have a back up too. cant wait.
    02-28-09 04:36 PM
    ebay, ebay, ebay! Also Fabric dye works if done correctly, check out nancydrewthemes.com
    02-28-09 09:24 PM
    Hi guys, Steve from cnn.cn again

The red trackball is a mix between OEM and non-OEM parts. While the mechanism for the trackball is OEM, the ball is a non-original piece, swapped into the trackball mechanism. That's why the trackball is not listed as "OEM"

Steve Chan
    And from time to time somebody will be the unlucky person to get a non-oem/buggy mechanism, just like me

Luckily i still had my old trackball mechanism so i just switched the sphere xd
    03-06-09 03:59 PM
    How is the G1? And how long did it take to ship?

03-06-09 04:20 PM
    I ordered the Black trackball a couple days ago...
    03-06-09 04:45 PM
    i got my green trackball in the mail today. i tried to dye one myself a few weeks ago, but screwed up on the ring. looks amazing now.
    can you post a pic?
    03-06-09 04:46 PM
    How is the G1? And how long did it take to ship?

The G1 is certainly smooth, i find it smoother than the normal white one, kinda weird, probably because the inner plastic thingies are more rugged or the sphere is slightly more rugged. I've tried my brother's normal trackball and i prefer the g1 dont know why. Others might say its the same crap just different color xd
    The shipping time depends on which shipping method you choose. Cnn.cn offers 3, registered air, 4day and 2day, i chose the 4day and it was here in 4 days.
    03-06-09 05:43 PM
    Righrt on, I'm getting rthe bold when I have money so I figured since its gonna be awhile I would get my berry decked! Haha. Thanks for the help!

03-06-09 07:13 PM
    You guys should try berryballs it is an ebay store but they have a lot of different colors. My wife bought a pink trackball for her 8320 and it looks great. I ordered one today for my bold in red to match my battery cover.

03-06-09 07:30 PM
    Got my red track ball today. Looks sweet!
    03-06-09 10:58 PM
    Here's my 8310 w/ a black trackball and Case-Mate Smart Skin.
    Just waiting for my black ring(replaces chrome ring)from cnn.cn to arrive, and my murdered out 8310 will be complete. (:

03-06-09 11:39 PM
    Fonlogix.us carries 7 different colored trackballs Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Black and white Trackballs as cheaps as $6
    check it out here
    BlackBerry Parts Replacement, BlackBerry Part
    03-29-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD