Hi everyone, I just got my first BlackBerry two weeks ago, and have experienced the familiar red light turning on (solid, not blinking), followed by the white screen with the hour glass.

I've searched for threads about this, but most of them are about how to fix the problem when it happens over and over again in an endless loop. My phone doesn't do this. It just does it once, I turn it back on, and a few minutes later it's fine again.

Also, the only app I have installed is Facebook.

I'm still within the 30 day return period for Sprint, do you guys think I should just try to exchange for a new handset? I haven't done that yet because it's a big hassle, as I'm from WA but am in college in NC, so I would have to mail the phone back to my parents, as some of the original packaging is there.

Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I was so excited for the BB, but now it already has problems!
    03-20-09 04:13 PM
    It could be facebook.. Do a search on facebook and you will see all the problems it causes.. and also, what is your file free under options-status.
    03-20-09 04:15 PM
    its just rebooting.. it happens to everybody.
    if it does is constantly, its a problem. its just annoying...
    03-20-09 04:16 PM
    Try to re-install the OS. You can find instructions here in the forums -- If not send it back!
    03-20-09 04:16 PM
    Try to re-install the OS. You can find instructions here in the forums -- If not send it back!
    actually that is a good idea.. since i updated my os it hasnt happened.
    03-20-09 04:19 PM
    Actually that doesnt happen to everyone.. My phones never cut off for no reason and reboot, so it could very well be a hardware issue or an app.. Or low memory.
    03-20-09 04:22 PM
    Doesn't happen to mine ...
    03-20-09 04:23 PM
    Ok, I will try reinstalling the OS, and if that doesn't work then I will send it back since I'm still in the time period for that!

And someone asked about the file free:
    File free: 47,286,796 bytes
    File total: 83,623,936 bytes

Is that a favorable ratio? Seems like it to me, with only 1/2 the storage used, but I'm new to this.

Thanks to all for their quick responses! I already like this forum.
    03-20-09 04:28 PM
    Yea that is a good file free amount.. Do you have facebook running or is it just a facebook installer icon that came with the phone??
    03-20-09 04:30 PM
    yeah, 4.7 is good.. i would just try reinstalling os. also, i meant it happens to a lot of people.. it stopped happening to me after i upgraded os's. the proof is in the forums.
    03-20-09 04:32 PM
    I have Facebook running. I was looking in the forums and it does see like it causes a lot of problems.

Will reinstall the OS tonight and will see how that goes, and will let you guys know. Thanks!
    03-20-09 04:34 PM
    No problem
    03-20-09 04:39 PM
    my phone does that same thing is it a mexico bb
    03-20-09 04:41 PM
    No, it's US. Got it through the mail.
    03-20-09 04:43 PM
    my buddies cure 8310 keep restarting and goes to white screen with hour glass any ideas
    04-17-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD