I finally turned it off and did a battery pull and that stopped it. But it's happening again! Is it something I am doing? Is there any other way to fix it other than the battery pull?
    08-09-08 06:22 PM
    That depends on what's causing it. Based on your post, we can't determine anything.

I know mine flashes all the time because of WeatherBug alerts.
    08-09-08 06:26 PM
    Do you have viigo loaded on your berry? If you have it set to advise you of new messages, your red light will flash until you check it. If not, check any of your other apps that may send notifications. In my case, it was my viigo app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 06:27 PM
    This happens for me too sometimes, I don't know why... It eventually stops if you just leave it.

At least, in my experience it has.
    08-09-08 06:27 PM
    I haven't downloaded any apps or anything. It does eventually stop on its own, its just annoying.
    08-09-08 06:36 PM
    Do you use BBM? If you have a conversation open and don't completely close out the app it will continue to flash.
    08-09-08 06:38 PM
    is there any message you havent acknowledged? if there isnt try a battery pull and see if that makes it go away.
    08-09-08 06:43 PM
    Do you use BBM? If you have a conversation open and don't completely close out the app it will continue to flash.
    Exactly what I was going to say.. Happens to me daily!

08-09-08 06:45 PM
    is there any message you havent acknowledged? if there isnt try a battery pull and see if that makes it go away.
    He said in his original post that the battery pull worked.
    08-09-08 06:48 PM
    Indication lock, battery pull will work 99% of the time..
    08-09-08 06:52 PM
    sometimes when i'm using BBM, the red light will constantly flash even though i checked the new message coming in. it does get annoying and i don't want to keep doing a battery pull while i'm chatting, so i try to ignore it.

is there a way to fix this in this situation?
    08-09-08 08:41 PM
    I had this problem with .37 os on my pearl but with 4.5 on my curve no issues it would happen when I got a missed call and wouldn't go away until I did a battery pull

08-09-08 08:51 PM
    it's happening right now and getting annoying
    08-09-08 10:17 PM
    Try a soft reset before a battery pull
    08-09-08 10:23 PM
    you guys are GREAT! I've solved TWO issues that were making me crazy, just by reading your replies on here. In the flashing red issue, it WAS a "conversation" on the BB messenger that i hadn't responded to, that was causing the continuous red flash. Once i made my response in that conversation (the message came in hours before, but there was NO indication on the BB Messenger icon, annoyingly enough), the flashing red finally went AWAY.
    08-15-08 12:33 AM
    That red light is the most wonderful sight when you actually have a messgae but I agree that its soooooo annoying when you don't!

08-15-08 12:38 AM
    Mine flashes constantly once I log into web messenger and continues to flash whether I receive messages or not. The only way to stop it is to log out of web messenger.
    08-15-08 08:08 AM
    Mine flashes constantly once I log into web messenger and continues to flash whether I receive messages or not. The only way to stop it is to log out of web messenger.
    I have the same problem. I hoped when I upgraded from 2.7 to 3.0 it would stop happening. I logged out and it continued to flash. It stopped when I logged in again. It goes off every time I log into Gmail on my pc because that also logs into Google Chat. I get a message that I am logged into Aim in 2 different places, which sets the red light flashing, even after I read it.
    08-15-08 09:35 PM
    easy way to clear a stuck light for BB messenger is to just click up in the message window, that is if you were not to reply to the conversation....

Works every time for me...
    08-15-08 09:48 PM
    This happens for me too sometimes, I don't know why... It eventually stops if you just leave it.

At least, in my experience it has.
    Thanks. I haven't had it 24 hours yet, and as I was seeking the answer and reading your post, it stopped flashing.

Now I will read and look for all the other stuff I am confused about. You I have no clue how to set ring tones for someone NOT on my fav 5
    09-13-08 04:39 PM
    Hi all,

This same issue was bugging me for the longest time too... so I switched through all my applications and eventually found that I had the Gmail app open with 2 new emails in my inbox. As soon as I read those the light stopped flashing.
    02-24-09 11:46 PM
    It might be the coverage indicator too right? Or is that a green light? :/

02-25-09 01:14 AM
    That red light is the most wonderful sight when you actually have a messgae but I agree that its soooooo annoying when you don't!

i agree!! i think its soo annoying, i keep checking to see if i actually received a msg!
    03-02-09 05:48 PM
    Hi all,

This same issue was bugging me for the longest time too... so I switched through all my applications and eventually found that I had the Gmail app open with 2 new emails in my inbox. As soon as I read those the light stopped flashing.
    Same here, just browsed to my gmail app (new icon when unread mail) and the flashing stopped.
    07-27-09 08:35 AM
    Another cause is if you are running UberTwitter. The red light blinks for new tweets.
    07-27-09 08:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD