I apologize if this has been answered, but I have searched the forums and the web to no avail.

I'm having a problem with recurring tasks. I can't figure out exactly what is happening, but it has something to do with the Blackberry (curve 8330) handling them differently than Outlook does. I think the problem arises when I edit a recurring task on the handheld, either changing the due date or marking it completed. Everything is fine until I sync to Outlook, at which point the task "disappears". When I do a search in outlook, I usually find the missing task in the completed list, but the recurrence is gone so a new one hasn't generated.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but please have pity and help!
    04-20-10 07:18 PM
    Bump!

Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-24-10 01:29 PM
    possibly the problem is in how long its scheduled for on you BB, I was having an issue with having scheduled my things for to long and had similar problems. I set my until date as 1 year. hope this helps.
    04-24-10 01:39 PM
    On your BB, are you choosing to delete completed tasks?
    04-25-10 10:22 AM
    I am having the same problem with recurring tasks. Changes made to either Outlook or device are not synching with each other.

Curious - one of you posted that you had "scheduled things for too long" and "set date for 1 year." Do you mean you set the recurrence for 1 year or the synchronization? I only have the option to transfer all items or transfer only pending items. I had it set to transfer only pending items. Changing it to transfer all items did not solve the problem.

Another of you posted asking if it was set on the device to delete completed tasks - what is the significance of this question?

I have a Bold 9650 and Outlook 2007. I am using the most current version of BlackBerry Desktop.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by Mrs. J; 11-26-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Changed notification type, added a few more questions...
    11-26-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD