I'm a newbie -bought my first BB (Curve 8330) yesterday- can I just say I was going CRAZY until I found this site... Anyway my question is:

Can I have a calendar event recur on weekdays only?

I want to call my son at 8am to wish him a good day at school (I'm already at work by then) and I need an audible reminder cause I'm often involved in something and not watching the clock.
    I can't seem to make this happen - am I missing something?? I see how I can make this recur daily, weekly, etc but obviously I don't need this on Sat/Sun.
    12-06-08 01:24 PM

I also have the 8330 and looked around at the various settings. The best solution I could come up with is this:

If all you need is a once a day alarm (reminder) on weekdays only, you can set this through the daily alarm:

- menu button
    - daily alarm icon
    - daily alarm setting = weekdays only
    - time = your reminder time
    - snooze = off (won't need this)

Then set your alert/ring/volume to your personal preferences. This will sound an alarm, weekdays only at the time you specified.

Perhaps one of our other addicts knows a trick or two when working with the calendar.

Enjoy!
    12-06-08 02:04 PM
    You could also go into your calendar, and on Monday set event at, say, 8:00 AM and hit recurrence as weekly. Now repeat the same process for Tues, Wed, etc...That outta work.
    12-06-08 02:40 PM
    You could also go into your calendar, and on Monday set event at, say, 8:00 AM and hit recurrence as weekly. Now repeat the same process for Tues, Wed, etc...That outta work.
    oriofan8, you da man! I'd offer to make you a custom avatar, but I am a fan of Mr. Laurie, and wouldn't think of putting paint over a picture
    12-06-08 03:03 PM
    Thanks oriofan8 ! Although its kinda roundabout it'll work...

joe003: that was a good idea but my alarm is already occupied by my 5am wakeup for said job!
    andi
    12-07-08 10:52 AM
    I've got this going too for my medications, reminders to call my mother, etc. Works very well! Just make sure the alarm is loud enough lol.
    12-07-08 11:10 AM
    You could also use a 3rd party app, such as BBSmart Alarms Pro. It allows you to set mutiple alarms and reminders, and you can set the days of the week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD