Well I did the stupidest thing possible to my Crackberry today... I sent it through the wash... (good thing I only spent $50 on it as it was refurb'd).

Now the question I have is there any way I can retrieve data/addresses from the backup I had made last week?

Thanks in Advance
    -Sonic
    12-19-08 03:57 PM
    Yes, if you did a backup then you can connect to Desktop Manager and retrieve what you lost...
    12-19-08 03:59 PM
    Yes, if you did a backup then you can connect to Desktop Manager and retrieve what you lost...
    I know that, but can I retrieve it if the phone is dead (haven't confirmed that as it isn't dry yet)?
    12-19-08 04:05 PM
    Your backup is saved on your computer.

If your Curve does not respond to drying out, you may have to replace it. The new one will accept a restore from your computer.
    12-19-08 04:15 PM
    Your backup is saved on your computer.

If your Curve does not respond to drying out, you may have to replace it. The new one will accept a restore from your computer.
    Yeah but the problem is I can't afford another Blackberry, is there a way I can get the data off to Outlook (or even just as text) so I can sync it to my backup WinMo phone?
    12-19-08 04:18 PM
    Got it. AmberEditor should do the job.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

12-19-08 05:35 PM
    Thanks! Just what I needed.
    12-19-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD