Okay guys so I upgraded to OS v4.5 and I love the new features but am experiencing some difficulties. Wondering if some of you could help me out with these glitches.

When going into the "Recorder" I get this message sometimes. Other times I can use the app just fine and works good.
    "The media being played is of an unsupported format"

Also do any of you know if I can record a conversation while talking to someone on the phone?

Also when I go into my video recorder I get this message.
    "To record video, insert a formatted Media Card"
    Obviously this probably means I don't have a media card. So I guess you need a media card to make this app work?

Can anyone help me out and how to fix this?
    04-23-09 01:48 PM
    you have to get a third party app to record calls, but i think its illegal if you dont tell the person.

you NEED a media card, if you dont get one, you will soon run into bad memory problems.
    04-23-09 01:51 PM
    you have to get a third party app to record calls, but i think its illegal if you dont tell the person.

you NEED a media card, if you dont get one, you will soon run into bad memory problems.
    Where can I find a third party app? Do you know of one?
    I know you can't record someone with out their knowledge. I would deff mention it. Besides you can't use it against people anyway.
    04-23-09 02:05 PM
    i think googlevoice will do it. not sure though. check it out.
    04-23-09 02:06 PM
    i think googlevoice will do it. not sure though. check it out.
    nice I will check it out. thank you.
    04-23-09 02:30 PM

In NY it's legal to record a phone conversation or face to face if one of the parties is aprised of the fact that they are being recorded...which leaves it legal to record a phone call because even though you initiated it, you are one of the parties. You just cant record two other peoples conversation without their knowing it.

And what is this recorder I keep hearing about. Just the regular video recorder? I was able to shoot video when i was at 4.3 when i first got it....or is the Video Recorder something that records video you're watching on say, YouTube?
    04-23-09 02:37 PM
    att didnt get a video recorder until a later OS. it wasnt on there before
    04-23-09 02:40 PM
    In NY it's legal to record a phone conversation or face to face if one of the parties is aprised of the fact that they are being recorded...which leaves it legal to record a phone call because even though you initiated it, you are one of the parties. You just cant record two other peoples conversation without their knowing it.
    And what is this recorder I keep hearing about. Just the regular video recorder? I was able to shoot video when i was at 4.3 when i first got it....or is the Video Recorder something that records video you're watching on say, YouTube?
    that maybe true, but i dont live in NY. i felt i should say something about it being illegal.. my civic duty
    04-23-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD