Good morning all...

My apologies if this has already been addressed, as I am an admitted BB newbie. I am having difficulty syncing my work Outlook email/calendar/contacts to my Boost Mobile Blackberry. Apparently, the issues stems from Boost only working with BIS and not BES, and my company, of course, doing the reverse, only using BES and not BIS.

I have posted a few times asking fellow users for workarounds and advice, but no one has replied, so I am starting a new posting in the hope that someone will do so.

I have found a klutzy workaround by using Yahoo! Intellisync to automatically sync my Outlook calendar and contacts with my Yahoo calendar, so that at least, I can access those pieces of the puzzle by going to yahoo on my BB. However, this is, as I said, cumbersome. Does anyone have a better solution?

My corporate IT people are in the process of obtaining security permission for them to set me up to be able to sync my Outlook email to my Yahoo personal account as well. But again, even if this happens, the workaround is still a clumsy one.

Do I have any other options?

Looking forward to a helpful reply,

Joe
    03-01-10 08:59 AM
    So, you're saying Boost Mobile doesn't support BES? Well, that sucks... (I checked Boost's page and you're right.)

Anyway, if your company supports OWA for email (Outlook Web Access) you may be able to get your email that way, but syncing your Calendar and Contacts will need to happen via cable and Desktop Manager or if you go wireless you'll need to do it via some convoluted way like Google Sync or something along the lines of what you're doing now. Not clean by any means, but unless you change carriers to a real one, you're stuck.
    03-01-10 09:23 AM
    Ok JR... I was hoping that you wouldn't say that, but I guess that's the sum of it! Now could you please tell me about Desktop Manager? I assume this would be on the software cd included with the BB kit? Would I be able, after installing it, to sync, via the cable, my Outlook email to the BB? Where would the BB dump all of that email? Right now, for example, the general mailbox icon seems to suck ALL email from every one of my personal addresses, dumping them into one big pot, so to speak, in addition to my having separate icons for each of those email addresses (such as Yahoo! and AOL).

How can I better organize things?

Joe
    03-01-10 10:40 AM
    The Messages is always going to suck everything up, Joe. If you'd like to just view them all separate, hide the overall "messages" and use each individual folder.

Best place to download the Desktop Manager is from : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    03-01-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD