I hope that grabbed your attention...

Here's the issue (I've looked everywhere for an answer but no one has the same problem):

I'm gonna give you a timeline so you can understand the issue a little better.

April 9th, 2009 10:12AM: I receive an e-mail on my BlackBerry from Bplay informing me that Mega Man III is now available on their website (yipee!).

May 19th, 2009 12:46AM: I receive that same e-mail that was sent April 9th. Inbox reads: Tue, May 19, 2009 | 12:46a | Bplay etc... but when I open the message, it says: April 9, 2009 10:12 AM.

WTF is going on? That was only ONE example out of the usual 4-6 PER DAY that it happens.

When I go to my Gmail account through gmail.com on my PC, those e-mails are marked as unread but in their respective place according to time.

Additional Info:
    I've got a Curve 8330 on Verizon on BIS.

Help?
    05-19-09 05:43 AM
    They are being resent to your Blackberry because they are marked as unread in your Gmail account. Yahoo does this also if I log onto my computer and mark a message "unread".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:00 AM
    I have the same thing happening to me as well. The thing is, there is NO unread email in my gmail inbox. I have emails showing up from last year on my BB. I have resent the service books, removed and readded my account, everything I can think of, and they are still showing up.
    05-19-09 08:18 AM
    They are being resent to your Blackberry because they are marked as unread in your Gmail account. Yahoo does this also if I log onto my computer and mark a message "unread".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're marked unread in Gmail because my BlackBerry is receiving 'em. I'm pretty sure it's not a Gmail problem.
    05-19-09 03:40 PM
    Not gmail related....I use Hotmail and went through a period of about a month that I received 70-100 e-mails a day that were anywhere from 1 day - several weeks old. Not only were these previously read but were in the deleted items folder. Never did figure out why, it just stopped doin it one day.
    05-19-09 07:56 PM
    OK...I haven't been able to fix it, but the e-mails from the past have lessened and are now only coming in on the weekends now. This is so ********.
    05-24-09 06:12 AM
    They're marked unread in Gmail because my BlackBerry is receiving 'em. I'm pretty sure it's not a Gmail problem.
    Sometimes what this is, will be the company that hosts the email server will be doing backups, repairs, or hardware updates, the HDs normally get backed up, everything is restored after everything is done. Every now and then the message counters may be out of whack/sync, on one or more user accounts, and old messages just get resent as new message, just depends on how long a span their email backups are. If their backups cover more than 30/60 days, you may very well get a few older messages sent as new ones, after a restore after system maintenance.
    05-24-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD