basically i got this 8310 from my friend and im a bit confused

its locked on o2, and i put my pay and go sim in

i can make calls and send text messages which is fine, but i really wanna get the bb messenger, which i cannot find...

there is no icon for browser, but when i click switch application i can see it, when i open it, it says
    "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."

when i open blackberryapp world it says:
    upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at blackberry app world. contact your service provider for more details.

when i want to add an email, there are two options:
    i want to use a work email account with blackberry enterprise server
    or
    i want to skip email setup

when i click the first, it says i need an enterprise activation password....
    i just wanna add my gmail account

someone help me out, cos this is madness, theres no point having a BB if i can only make calls and texts
    08-11-09 06:40 AM
    Sound like you might need to get the service books for the mobile.

Best thing to do is call O2 and tell them that you have a BB and you want to set it up for the internet. They will ask for the PIN and then send the settings to your BB. This will also set up the email as well

Another thing is, how old is your sim as I have my old 02 unlocked 8800 and the sim card I use in it is a old one ( its a vodafone my work supplied sim ) and it doesn't allow me 3G, but when I put in my vodafone sim it allows me net access no problems.

Give that a try.
    08-11-09 07:17 AM
    thanks for the help

im going to call o2 now

the sim is quite old, its just i wanna keep the number, its quite easy to remember.. i could get the pac code tho

but its locked on o2, so ill find a brand new 3g sim and try putting it in.
    08-11-09 07:44 AM
    You shouldn't have to change number. My wife is on O2 and they swapped her sim over keeping her number. They done it in the store and it took 5 mins.
    08-11-09 08:02 AM
    thanks for the help

im going to call o2 now

the sim is quite old, its just i wanna keep the number, its quite easy to remember.. i could get the pac code tho

but its locked on o2, so ill find a brand new 3g sim and try putting it in.
    A 3G SIM card will not help.

The problem is, your Pay as you go SIM is not enabled for the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), which is the foundation of each of the programs you mentioned.

You will need an account, suitably configured for BlackBerry. It will cost a little more then a normal account.
    08-11-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD