So my web browser wasn't working and my service kept shutting on and off, so I decided to upgrade my os, since it was at the 4.2 I believe. I have verizon and decided to follow their steps, but had my BB connected to the comp the whole time and did not follow step by step on what crackberry has. (yes I already feel like an *****).

Luckily I did backup my date, but all I have on my blackberry is the blank 4.5 os with none of my information. It seems the blackberry got updated, but all my info is lost, even when I try to do a diagnostics test, it says the APN list is empty. I can't even reconnect my phone to the comp, cause it can't read it. Anyone know what I can do?!
    11-18-08 03:52 AM
    I would try soft reset and hard reset as you have nothing more to lose.
    Good Luck!
    11-18-08 08:31 AM
    Unless you didn't allow it to your bb updater on your comp should have backed up your previous os on your pc. Double check where ever you have your back ups.

There was also a weird problem I had when I did update mine was that certain things didn't show up right after the update. I hardbooted by taking out the battery waiting a couple seconds and letting it restart. It brought up the missing applications etc. I would recommend that before trying anything else. If all else fails pm me and I have the phone number that's specific for verizons pda/blackberry tech service if you want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:15 AM
    You can also try reloading the OS, use CrackMem - couldn't hurt...
    11-18-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD