i have the verizon 8330 OS 5.0
    after this weekend with some friends who have an iphones. i really dont like my curve anymore. i was actually afraid (more embarrassed) to look up things for people. they would be pages into something and mine is still loading up the first page. the speed of the iphone was incredible. not just the service but the phone itself. this one guy routed us the whole way on his iphone. pulled up spectacular weather apps. great fluid motion.
    i know there are a lot of you here who love their blackberry and i am not trying to start anything here, i just want to say my peace. i cant wait,if they do. for verizon to get the iphone.
    i am so tired of battery pulls. i mean come on why do we need to do a battery pull every day or every other day?? consistently locks up. i have just above 10mg memory left. i had to get rid of some apps to make it barely work.
    sorry to rant here, seeing this is my first post here.
    01-17-10 03:04 PM
    i feel you man. its a love hate relationship for me, but i have alot of love.
    01-17-10 03:05 PM
    i agree cant live without it, but... i am keeping an eye on a used storm or something like that. my contract is up in nov. i dont think i can wait that long to get rid of this.
    either the iphone when verizon comes out or the nexus/droid
    01-17-10 03:09 PM
    I agree.... bb browser isnt the greatest (especially when side by side with the iPhone) I love my bb, but its just one thing I have to deal with until they get a beter browser. You may want to try opera mini 5 or bolt... theyre a bit better IMO. As far as the iPhone goes.... I carry that one too, and will continue to do so until bb can compete in the "net surfing" arena. Good luck!!
    01-17-10 03:10 PM
    Well I think a big reason is because that they have an iphone and you have an old blackberry. The os is just beta. The upper level bbs are the ones that compete with the iphone. It's not just blackberry in general that have battery pulls, memory leaks, lags/lock, and no memory, It's the older models. I had the exact same problem with my 8330 but now with the 8530 (not that it's an upper level device but it's a **** of an upgrade) and now I never need to do battery pulls, no memory leaks ,it doesn't lag and I have plenty of memory and wifi! So it's fast for that reason too.
    Last edited by dyllon626; 01-17-10 at 03:58 PM.
    01-17-10 03:30 PM
    well i think a big reason is because you they have an iphone and you have an old blackberry and the os is just beta. The upperlevel bbs are the ones that compete with the bb. It's not just blackberry in general that have battery pulls, memory leaks, lags/lock, and no memory, i had the exact same problem with my 8330 but now with the 8530 (not that it's an upper level device but it's a **** of an upgrade) and now i never need to do battery pulls no memory leaks it doesn't lag and i have plenty of memory and wifi! so it's fast for that reason too.
    Sorry but no BB will compete with the speed of the iphones browser.
    01-17-10 03:38 PM
    i have the verizon 8330 OS 5.0
    after this weekend with some friends who have an iphones. i really dont like my curve anymore. i was actually afraid (more embarrassed) to look up things for people. they would be pages into something and mine is still loading up the first page. the speed of the iphone was incredible. not just the service but the phone itself. this one guy routed us the whole way on his iphone. pulled up spectacular weather apps. great fluid motion.
    i know there are a lot of you here who love their blackberry and i am not trying to start anything here, i just want to say my peace. i cant wait,if they do. for verizon to get the iphone.
    i am so tired of battery pulls. i mean come on why do we need to do a battery pull every day or every other day?? consistently locks up. i have just above 10mg memory left. i had to get rid of some apps to make it barely work.
    sorry to rant here, seeing this is my first post here.
    yeah i'm starting to hate my curve. i don't have an issue with speed because i don't load it up with apps but i do have an issue with the frequent service outages. when the bis servers go down or whatever happens, i can't use my phone for anything. i'm going to get rid of it as soon as i possibly can. sad thing is i've only had it for 2 months.
    01-17-10 03:52 PM
    Blackberry browsers were never up to par with Apples' or Androids'. Not even close. For me, I have my BB to organize my schedules, keep my passwords, and for it's Email technology. I'll occasionally use Google to answer a question OR use MAPS if I get lost. I do this all with the applications that came with the device running 4.5.0.175. That's all I need. For me, it keeps my business as well as my personal life in line.

Speculation has it that the iPhone MIGHT be coming to Verizon, so you might be in for a great surprise in time for your annual/NE2 upgrade. Or, you might want to give the Droid or Eris a try. I've played on both the Android's as well as the iPhone's browser and they are both very impressive. My brother has an iPhone and runs a successful business on it, I might add. So all the devices aforementioned will have business applications as well as personal applications, however, the trick is to get the right device to the right person. That can only be accomplished by trial and error OR extensive research on the person in question's part. Lastly, with the progression of technology, there is always the X Factor when a new device comes up and everyone wants to jump on the 'new thing'.

Sounds so complicated! LoL.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 01-17-10 at 05:54 PM.
    01-17-10 04:00 PM
    Sorry but no BB will compete with the speed of the iphones browser.
    Speed? Yes , but if you mean browser all around no. No bb can compare to the browser of the iphone. But the speed can be beat, could also depend on what service the bb is on and if the att on the iphone just isn't as speedy.
    01-17-10 04:00 PM
    Try running a 9700, in either 3G or wifi, using Opera Mini, and then say it can't compete. You're mixing apples with berries so to speak.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 04:10 PM
    Speed? Yes , but if you mean browser all around no. No bb can compare to the browser of the iphone.
    Dude make up my mind as to what you are trying to say. In your first post you said "The upper level bbs are the ones that compete with the iphone". All BB's have the same browser so it doesn't matter if its a "upper level" or not.
    01-17-10 04:15 PM
    OM still can't compete! Opera Mini is a band-aid, but still a poor substitute!
    01-17-10 04:27 PM
    Dude make up my mind as to what you are trying to say. In your first post you said "The upper level bbs are the ones that compete with the iphone". All BB's have the same browser so it doesn't matter if its a "upper level" or not.
    ha, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was referring to was upper level bb's are the ones that compete with iphones like in normal use wise. I wasn't just talking about the browser.
    01-17-10 04:37 PM
    Try running a 9700, in either 3G or wifi, using Opera Mini, and then say it can't compete. You're mixing apples with berries so to speak.
    LOL.... Good one!!
    01-17-10 04:43 PM
    i do have the bolt browser, it aint to bad. maybe a little faster. one thing i need to keep telling myself its not a computer.
    01-17-10 05:03 PM
    one thing i need to keep telling myself its not a computer.
    Tru, but it's pretty close!! Lovin the bb!!!
    01-17-10 05:04 PM
    iphone comes to verizon......im gone!!!!
    01-17-10 05:08 PM
    iphone comes to verizon......im gone!!!!
    you and aout a gazilion other people
    01-17-10 05:29 PM
    you and aout a gazilion other people
    Don't hold your breath!
    01-17-10 05:30 PM
    U don't get a BB to surf the web if u want that type of device then get that andriod touch use of a phone called the iphone.. BB to me are the kings of smartphones they organize, push ur emails and one of the best messaging phones out there.. Not to mention the media player is awesome as well... I barely use my browser maybe I will google something real quick or be on the crackberry forums.. Its like why do u need all of the extra stuff to do on ur phone.. As long I can check the news,google, check my bank account I don't need a full HTML web browser.. I think its absurd to put that into phones anyway aint that wat ur NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP is for!!!

01-17-10 05:33 PM
    U don't get a BB to surf the web if u want that type of device then get that andriod, touch or that wack use of a phone called the iphone.. BB to me are the kings of smartphones they organize, push ur emails and one of the best messaging phones out there.. Not to mention the media player is awesome as well... I barely use my browser maybe I will google something real quick or be on the crackberry forums.. Its like why do u need all of the extra stuff to do on ur phone.. As long I can check the news,google, check my bank account I don't need a full HTML web browser.. I think its absurd to put that into phones anyway aint that wat ur NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP is for!!!

kinda contradicting yourself here. you have a blackberry for all this stuff that you say you need it for. then in your last sentance you say "that wat ur NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP is for!!!"

but i just want to say thats your opinion on the phone. i like the technology of the "new" phones nexus,droid,iphone etc. i like what they can do and thats my opnion.
    01-17-10 06:00 PM
    kinda contradicting yourself here. you have a blackberry for all this stuff that you say you need it for. then in your last sentance you say "that wat ur NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP is for!!!"

but i just want to say thats your opinion on the phone. i like the technology of the "new" phones nexus,droid,iphone etc. i like what they can do and thats my opnion.
    No I think what he was referring to when he said "that wat ur NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP is for!!!" was the browser wise. Other than that he likes to use all of those features on his phone like the media player, push email, checking bank account.
    01-17-10 06:51 PM
    I'm not contradicting at all I said my opinion and so did u!! I jus feel like they want the BB to do all this unnecessary stuff that all these so call smartphone do and I think the BB is doin wat it does best!! Leave it at that!! Go get ur andriod if u lookin for all the bells and whistles!!!!!!

01-17-10 08:05 PM
    people like different phones, cars, even different people guys one size does not fit all....
    01-17-10 09:58 PM
    people like different phones, cars, even different people guys one size does not fit all....
    Tottaly Agree ...

Just keep one question for myself ...
    "If I ever wanted to buy something ... Just buy it ... or ask someone who know it well ... regret is useless .."
    01-17-10 11:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD