I just acquired a perfectly fine Curve 8330. While attempting to update the software on the device, the desktop manager randomly booted the phone off the computer, while everything was still erased from the device, and gave me a 'fatal error' message. Now the phone can't even be recognized by the computer, and when it's turned on, the menu selections appear in black text on a white screen and cannot be accessed (example of error message: Error starting net_rim_bb_addressbook_app: Module 'net_rim_xml_org' not found.). I'm quite sure that nearly everything but the bare basics of the phone's OS have been erased, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to re-install the OS through the desktop manager or any other means.
    Thanks for any help.
    06-13-09 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 06-13-09 at 04:23 PM.
    06-13-09 04:00 PM
    I just acquired a perfectly fine Curve 8330. While attempting to update the software on the device, the desktop manager randomly booted the phone off the computer, while everything was still erased from the device, and gave me a 'fatal error' message. Now the phone can't even be recognized by the computer, and when it's turned on, the menu selections appear in black text on a white screen and cannot be accessed (example of error message: Error starting net_rim_bb_addressbook_app: Module 'net_rim_xml_org' not found.). I'm quite sure that nearly everything but the bare basics of the phone's OS have been erased, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to re-install the OS through the desktop manager or any other means.
    Thanks for any help.
    You should wipe it and re-install the OS
    06-13-09 04:00 PM

thanks, I was going to post those but you beat me to it.
    06-13-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll give that a shot.
    06-13-09 04:12 PM
    You're welcome, if it comes down to having to wipe you can wipe with JL Cmder then reload the OS.

You can find instructions and a download link here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD