i have come across a couple of people complaining that their blackberry curves have shut down and never came back on and that the only thing they could do is get a replacement ... just checking to see what you guys have to say on that? ..whats the life span of these things anywayz i want to know i can trust this device to be around for two years at least..any light can be shed on this issue..i dont have a warranty on mine anymore so i am worried....

thanks alot
    04-07-09 01:12 PM
    its not very often that a phone will keep shutting down and nothing can be done about it, except replace.. if something like this happens, it is usually associated with memory problems, battery problems or an OS problem.. all of those problems are very easily fixable
    04-07-09 01:32 PM
    okok hmmmm thanks for the reply..however when i googled that exact phrase curve permanent shut down it shows a couple people whose curves did exactly that and nothing fixed them ...but thanks tho
    04-07-09 01:45 PM
    yeah, its not very often though is what im saying.. i understand that it happens, but its not an every phone tyoe of thing. its usually an anomoli
    04-07-09 01:47 PM
    I suspect that some of those ppl experiencing this problem could have possibly recovered their BBs if they had come to this site and performed the necessary troubleshooting procedures with the help of CB members.

However, most ppl would probably call Customer Service and get their BBs replaced under warranty when experiencing this type of issue.

Of course, the true hardware failure or water damaged BBs cannot be recovered and must be replaced.
    04-07-09 01:55 PM
    I suspect that some of those ppl experiencing this problem could have possibly recovered their BBs if they had come to this site and performed the necessary troubleshooting procedures with the help of CB members.
    However, most ppl would probably call Customer Service and get their BBs replaced under warranty when experiencing this type of issue.

Of course, the true hardware failure or water damaged BBs cannot be recovered and must be replaced.
    if only every blackberry owner knew about this site
    04-07-09 01:57 PM
    Over the past several months, I've worked on over a dozen Curves (8300, 8310, 8320), mostly housing replacements and os updates. I've come to the conclusion that they are very well engineered pieces and as long as you don't drop them or get them wet, they just keep on tickin'. 12 - 24 months old. A couple of messed up/worn out usb ports, one broken headphone jack, and one unit that restarts when it gets hot in the sun. But they still worked! So don't worry about it.
    04-07-09 02:00 PM
    okok i guess i see what you are saying.. i hope so ..thanks
    04-07-09 02:24 PM
    okie dokie, thanks again everyone,ill try my best not to worry to much about it i guess i am just paranoid lol... if anything else comes to mind or anything wierd shows itself i ll pop a thread up
    04-07-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah, I hope my curve lasts until it's time for my upgrade from Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD