Whenever I put my blackberry into standby via the mute button, it randomly wakes up from standby mode like 2 minutes afterwards. It hasn't done this before and just started it like a week ago. It's really annoying. The only thing that happened to it was a few hits on concrete, but nothing too major. :-\ Any reason why it does this? and any solutions?

kthxbi

blackberry curve v4.2.2.166
    Last edited by johnkid; 07-23-08 at 04:09 PM.
    07-23-08 04:07 PM
    Welcome to Cb!
    07-23-08 04:08 PM
    Is it possible that somehow the mute button is getting pressed and is how it is getting taken out of standby? Or perhaps a long shot but the cause of a 3rd party app? I use auto standby on my BB so if this ever happens or happened on my BB I wouldn't even know about it because auto standby would put the BB right back on standby. My screen off timer is set to 10 seconds and auto standby is set to enter standby 10 seconds after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 12:39 AM
    Is it possible that somehow the mute button is getting pressed and is how it is getting taken out of standby? Or perhaps a long shot but the cause of a 3rd party app? I use auto standby on my BB so if this ever happens or happened on my BB I wouldn't even know about it because auto standby would put the BB right back on standby. My screen off timer is set to 10 seconds and auto standby is set to enter standby 10 seconds after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So I did a little test. I put my blackberry into standby and I just let it sit there on my desk and stared at it. Like 2 minute afterwards, it just wakes up from standby mode. I don't want that to happen when its in my pocket.
    07-24-08 03:46 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

While the phone is on, pull out the battery and put it back in after 30 seconds or so. See if that fixes your problem.
    07-24-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD