for some reason, my phone restarts at random times if im listening to music or taking on the phone and also restarts if i very lightly hit it or drop it. anyone know what the problem is?!?!? how to fix this?!?!
    03-27-09 09:20 PM
    It usually is the battery or low memory. What is your file free amount? options>status

As far as light taps - well this sounds hardware related obviously so if we rule out the memory and your battery is new(er) then I guess we will know more....
    03-27-09 09:21 PM
    it says 13739715 bytes
    03-27-09 09:29 PM
    You could have a battery that's going bad or dirty battery contacts. The contacts in your BB may not be making good contact with the battery, that would explain why tapping it or dropping it lightly is causing it to reset.
    03-27-09 09:33 PM
    It is likely not the memory but here are some tips you can do just in case you want to increase it. It sounds like hardware issue since tapping it will cause it to reset - no idea what exactly is causing that......

File free is ok - not the greatest... Anything over 12mb is consider ok

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations) as well as the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

4. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it.. After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-27-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD