ok y'all, this cant just be a bad run of luck, i had the pearl thru warrnty exchng at&t....i went thru 8 when they finally gv the option for a diff device, i went with the 8310.......from the way it came out of the box i had assumed it was new....well guess what...it now randomly resets itself (same issue i had with the pearl), i've had it for a lil' over a mth now, prior to friday i only had this issue once.....i have it set to pwr off everyday so i dont forget but in the last 5 days its reset randomly abt 5 times, i've done a soft reset, i even wiped it just last night....i personalized the settings back to zen, personal wall paper and font, paired my bluetooth....as of abt 1 min ago it reset again with its snazzy lil hr glass.... any fixes?? does the 4.3 sw fix this issue, is anyone else hving this prob, am i alone here? i've not installed anything on the ph except my ph book....this is getting to be crazy after this many ph's its impossible its just my luck, is it the bluetooth somehow?? (warrenty asked me that, i kinda rolled my eyes, arent they suppose to know this?)....i wasnt talking on the ph, bt was connected, it just decided to reset) do i just need to learn to deal with this because its a pda?? HELLLLLP
    01-01-08 02:03 PM
    Um...Why not try using the device with the bluetooth deleted and not paired.

Also, do you have any other 3rd party applications?

Have you used the same sim card in each device?

Are you using the same battery in each device?

8 times replacing a device for the same problem is a pretty good clue that it's not the device. It's a problem with something you're adding to the device.
    01-01-08 02:07 PM
    i have gone back to using my plantronics 640 where as most of the mth i wasnt hving issues with the ph i was using moto h12 and moto s9, the only thing same abt anything with these phs is that i've used blue tooth, and yes the 640 was one i used with the pearls i had trouble with, from now i'll use the s9 to see if that fixes it.... the only other common d is the mem card when i got this ph the sim was replaced shortly after because it read "sos" in red...it did it once after the card was replaced i just assumed dirt....no third party apps installed, only using what i have factory...i do a pic of my lil girl for the wallpaper and use songs and ringtones from the mem card...i'm with ya here, it has to be something i'm using or doing...no damage to it, i did drop it from a short distance maybe a ft and a half right before these resets started occuring, it didnt hit hard, but maybe thats it....i dunno but like you say seems odd, if i want to swap what i'm doing i use the back button, only end when i dont want the app (like music) to stop....cap alt del was done yesterday and its reset once since...i also had an incomming call last night i answered w/bt, i could hear my caller but my ph kept ringing....lol....guess i'll start using the other bt and see what happens, thanks for the input....
    01-02-08 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD