Just a minute ago, my Blackberry was just sitting idle on my desktop when its screen came on with the white background and the hourglass. I held it because I didn't know if it had crashed, but then the hourglass blinked on and off and it finally reloaded the desktop and did the security tests.

So my question is, what could cause my Berry to randomly reboot while it's just sitting there?

Thanks.
    04-06-09 08:47 PM
    quickpull will do that... but, that just happens sometimes.. mine hasnt done that since i upgraded to 4.5
    04-06-09 08:51 PM
    I can't see what device you have, I'm on wap, but low file free memory can cause this.

A corrupted file/file system on your memory card can also cause freezing and reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 08:53 PM
    Have you recently installed any new apps/themes? Is your device running low on memory? Like do you have a lot of apps on your device and not closing them properly by hitting menu then close?

04-06-09 08:53 PM
    I can't see what device you have, I'm on wap, but low file free memory can cause this.

A corrupted file/file system on your memory card can also cause freezing and reboots.

its a new metro 8330
    04-06-09 08:54 PM
    What is quickpull?

The only apps I have at present are my IM apps, MySpace and Facebook and that RIM File World app. I close out of everything by doing Menu>Close. To my knowledge, I don't have any corrupt files on the Berry or media card. Is there a way to check for corrupt files and get rid of them?
    04-06-09 08:56 PM
    If you don't have too much stuff on your memory card, easies way is to use Mass Storage Mode to move everything off your card to your PC. Then format the card in your BB. Then move everything back to your card.

04-06-09 09:01 PM
    I'll do that if it does it again.
    04-06-09 09:02 PM
    What is quickpull?

The only apps I have at present are my IM apps, MySpace and Facebook and that RIM File World app. I close out of everything by doing Menu>Close. To my knowledge, I don't have any corrupt files on the Berry or media card. Is there a way to check for corrupt files and get rid of them?
    QuickPull is a free app available in the CB store that simulates a battery pull. It also has a scheduler so you can schedule a reboot of your BB every day.
    04-07-09 06:50 AM
    Ya I have the sam isue arount 6 pm it shuts off as a reboot I can't exsplane what's going on I don't have a bad card just got my bb curve 1 month ago
    04-07-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD