Anyone know why my BB randomly goes into standby mode with the egg timer symbol spinning around and then coming up with a message that it's updated something??
    Sorry if I'm being dumb - new to BB!
    09-30-07 10:46 PM
    Do you happen to have your Auto On/Off on? Other than that has it been doing it since you've gotten the phone? Or did you recently install something thats OTA updating somehow?

PS! There are never dumb questions!
    09-30-07 11:33 PM
    Thanks for that. Auto On/Off is off and I don't think I've downloaded anything other than emails - worried that I might have picked up a virus of some kind, not sure how susceptible BBs are to that kind of thing. Bit paranoid as my last Nokia picked up bug known to man!
    10-01-07 02:46 AM
    Virus, on a BlackBerry? Very rare, if ever you'll get one of those. Try pulling the battery (take it out while the device is on). Also, do you have Viigo installed? If yes, it might be running in the back ground, thus causing this...
    10-01-07 03:18 AM
    Hi & thanks, I've just done the battery take out thing...I'll see if that cures anything. I don't believe that I've got Viigo so I guess that's not the problem.
    Are there software updates that I should be downloading??
    10-01-07 07:51 PM
    i'm also having this egg timer problem!whenever i go to any of the applications the damn thing keeps spinning and it takes ages! argh!
    01-07-09 05:10 AM
    Do you have Facebook loaded?
    01-07-09 05:59 AM
    Hi ya'll. If your browser is running slow, your bb probably needs to take a dump. A cache dump that is! When you have a page up, click options>cache operations>clear history>and go down through to dump it all out, click escape, and it'll finish up and should run ever-so-much better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD