So, why does it do that?? I did a search and I keep finding things about the battery being low and making the radio turn off, but mine has done this on 2 or 3 different occasions without the battery being low. Thanks.

Jay
    11-18-08 10:09 PM
    Would need a lot more information about how you are using it when it happens to even speculate.
    11-18-08 10:13 PM
    Once or twice, mine has done that too. I was curious, so I did some searching and, like you, found nothing but suggestions that the battery might be low and that was causing it. Also like you, that has nothing to do with it.

About the only thing I can add is that it seems to happen to me when the phone is switching to UMA mode (t-mobile). The other day I was driving to work and it was definitely on (I was using it) and when I got to work, I noticed that the radio was off. UMA had kicked in by then and I can only speculate that the two were related.

It does not happen enough to really get me upset. I am on my 4th curve in two months for far bigger problems, so maybe my tolerance for glitches is a little higher.
    11-19-08 07:44 AM
    I just found this post! In the past Hour my radio will not stay on for anything! If I call anyone when it connects it will drop the call because the radio shuts off. I can get a few texts out before the radio shuts off. The radio wont stay on longer then one minute!!!! HELP HELP HELP 8130 Verizon
    11-23-08 10:26 PM
    Mine occasionally turns off, and is not battery related.

It seems to be when I am in my house, which has a dead zone in a few rooms, and it happens over night. I am speculating that the BB might be trying to get service, but after a while it turns off the radio so that it would not run down the battery trying to maintain service where the signal is very low.
    11-24-08 11:02 AM
    mine just did this as well.. How do you turn it back on??
    11-24-08 12:04 PM
    Mine also does this. Most of the time overnight, while on the charger... The worst part is sometimes I have to reboot to re-activate the radio...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:28 PM
    mine just did this as well.. How do you turn it back on??

Try to make a call, and it should ask if you want to restore connections.

Otherwise, go to Manage Connections and make sure the box for Mobile Network is checked.
    11-24-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD