Ok I have checked the other threads similar to this one with no luck...

I have a Curve 8330 with Verizon.

The radio one my phone keeps turning itself off at random intervals, sometimes even during a call.

I have tried multiple batteries, a clean wipe of the phone, downgrading and upgrading the os, and the auto on off feature is not being used.

I have no 3rd party apps on the phone after the latest wipe and i am at my wits end.

Sometimes it will go a week without turning off and then it will turn off 5 or 6 times a day!!!

Any help is appreciated...
    05-09-10 12:48 PM
    If it is less than a year old, I would suggest taking it to Verizon for a refurbished device through the warranty.
    05-09-10 12:53 PM
    Unfortunately I got it from a friend so it is more than a year old. One idea someone told me was to make sure my friend had released the pin from his account.

however from what I can tell I should not have been able to hook the phone up at all if he had already not released the pin. I had no trouble connecting the phone with verizon.

Also I have run the diagnostic test from the mobile network screen and sometimes it shows that the phone is not registered with verizon but then it registers it again....
    05-09-10 01:26 PM
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    05-09-10 09:39 PM
    My wifes 8330 does the same thing for no rhyme or reason. I will be checking this thread often to try any new ideas. It will go weeks without doing it, than turn the radio off by itself 3-4 times a day, do that for a few days, then be fine for another few weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 10:48 PM
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    I would have suggesting trying a different OS, but it looks like you already did that, and it didn't help.
    05-09-10 10:57 PM
    interesting... i hav 8320 and from time to time my radio jus goes off.
    honestly i dont kno how many times it happens... i dont keep an eye on my phone 24/7, but i do notice it jus goes off n i normally turn it bak on manually.

and i'm noto in an area where signal is hard to get..... so i mean d phone i smore than a year old... but it doesnt go off wen i am in a call.

strange things
    05-10-10 09:23 AM
    Update, since I started this thread the phone has also turned off while charging, so that adds a new wrinkle to the whole thing.
    05-10-10 06:11 PM
    I have the same problem. Nobody seems to know how to fix it not even Verizon. On my third phone from them and numerous call to tech support that keep wanting me to wipe the device and no third party apps but that never works! What gives?? Looks like this is a serious issue, I'm sure it happens to more people. Seems that they would be working on a fix........but i guess they just want you to upgrade to a different model and shell out $$$$$.
    05-10-10 10:32 PM
    Well called verizon with no help, so i guess we just have to deal with it, or switch phones, this sucks....
    05-21-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD