Details: 8330 VZW, OS is the Nathanx Hybrid 3 version of 5.0.0.451.

Twice in the last week I've tried to access the web and received a "Radio is off" message, I go to home screen/manage connections and yes, the mobile network shows it's off??? Bluetooth remains on. If I turn mobile network back on all works again.

Today I found it off after taking the phone out of my holster but I had the keyboard locked so it shouldn't have hit any keys while in the holster...

Is there anything I might be hitting that would turn the radio off?

Any ideas?

TIA.
    02-21-10 05:07 PM
    Is the battery getting low?
    02-21-10 07:12 PM
    There is an app they have for free here. Its called radio on. Some blackberries shut the radio off if the battery gets to low. This app found here will force it back on. Installed it on my wifes bb works great.
    02-21-10 07:29 PM
    It is not a good idea to regularly run the battery so low that the radio turns off. That will cause the battery to go bad much faster. Rather than using an app to keep the radio on, it would be better to charge more often. Li ion batteries like to be topped off, and they last longer if you don't let them run completely dead on a regular basis.
    02-21-10 07:38 PM
    When I get updates from sprint it shuts the radio down...sometimes.
    02-21-10 10:20 PM
    It is not a good idea to regularly run the battery so low that the radio turns off. That will cause the battery to go bad much faster. Rather than using an app to keep the radio on, it would be better to charge more often. Li ion batteries like to be topped off, and they last longer if you don't let them run completely dead on a regular basis.
    I don't recall ever saying the battery was low? As a matter of fact, the battery has never been below 75% and then only if I don't charge it over night which I usually do, if it's charged at night it'll never drop below 90% no matter how much I use the critter.

That's a reasonable guess but it's not the reason. Too bad, it would be easy to fix.
    02-21-10 11:56 PM
    Most likely not battery. My 8330/5.0 Hybrid V4 will do it sometimes.
    02-22-10 10:07 AM
    Thanks, I knew it wasn't the battery, I *think* it's fixed by going back to the old OS until VZW releases 5.0 (if ever.)
    02-22-10 10:21 AM
    Don't see us (BB8330) getting the official 5.0 since VZ has removed the 8330 from their web site. All good thing must come to an end.
    02-22-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD