I searched but couldn't find anything on this. I have had an 8320 for about 3 months now, so I don't know if it's an issue of the keys not being "broken in", but my boyfriend constantly complains about the clicky-ness when I'm typing, especially if i'm in bed and he's sleeping (i hardly ever put the damn thing down!). I'm sure it's because he's an apple fanboy and thinks keys are stupid, but i've started noticing it now and it's bugging me!

Is there anything i can do, like placing plastic wrap between the keypad and the device, etc?

also, it's not tones coming from the device. all of that is silenced.
    11-10-08 01:55 PM
    I've had mine for about 6 months now. They're just noisy.
    11-10-08 02:03 PM
    That is my biggest complaint with my curve. Wish there was a way to make it less "clicky"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:35 PM
    when i colored a piece of toilet papet and put it under the keyboard, it quieted it down a lot

11-10-08 03:38 PM
    when i colored a piece of toilet papet and put it under the keyboard, it quieted it down a lot

the toilet paper idea actually seems smart. because it's thin enough but a good muffler. now i just have to decide how many plys, and quilted or unquilted! haha

seriously though, i'm doing it!
    11-10-08 11:31 PM
    I searched but couldn't find anything on this. I have had an 8320 for about 3 months now, so I don't know if it's an issue of the keys not being "broken in", but my boyfriend constantly complains about the clicky-ness when I'm typing, especially if i'm in bed and he's sleeping (i hardly ever put the damn thing down!). I'm sure it's because he's an apple fanboy and thinks keys are stupid, but i've started noticing it now and it's bugging me!

Is there anything i can do, like placing plastic wrap between the keypad and the device, etc?

also, it's not tones coming from the device. all of that is silenced.
    Consider this: RIM spent a boatload of money and spent years in development in order to produce a touch phone that would click. So I think the "clicky" keys are intentional and there's not much can be done about them. I know, I too was hoping a BB would allow me to type stealthily, and it's still much better than my laptop keyboard. And RIM has a point: the clickyness of the keys provides great tactile feedback and makes it easier to type.
    11-10-08 11:37 PM
    i love the feel of the click, and basically getting the tactile feedback to help me type quickly and well but i hate the sound. all in all though, this is my only real complaint and i guess i'm just being a spoiled brat !
    11-11-08 12:37 PM
    Ummm.........there is a way to undo the clickiness!! Let me get my phone and see if I can remember where....................
    11-11-08 02:12 PM
    i used commercial tp, it is one play and really thin

11-11-08 02:15 PM
    Okay.....
    so you click on Options menu > Screen/Keyboard
    scroll down to Trackball > click on Audible Roll > Mute
    11-11-08 02:16 PM
    Okay.....
    so you click on Options menu > Screen/Keyboard
    scroll down to Trackball > click on Audible Roll > Mute

Good tip, but I think she was referring to the click of the actual keys not the trackwheel.

The is no "cure" for the clickness, but I personally like the sound of the keys because it tells me when I actually clicked a button or not. You can try the t.p. idea but I would be worried it would mess up my berry as it sounds like a lot could go wrong there.
    11-11-08 02:28 PM
    Good tip, but I think she was referring to the click of the actual keys not the trackwheel.

The is no "cure" for the clickness, but I personally like the sound of the keys because it tells me when I actually clicked a button or not. You can try the t.p. idea but I would be worried it would mess up my berry as it sounds like a lot could go wrong there.
    Oh oops... I thought she meant the keys including the trackball.
    11-11-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD